Lead Software Engineer - Full Stack
The future of work is freelance! The self employed represent 35% of the U.S. workforce and the group is growing 3 times faster than the traditional workforce. Freelancers will make up the majority of the US workforce within a decade. Built for and by freelancers, Collective is on a mission to redefine the way we work. Collective is a one-stop-shop built to help freelancers manage their back office and master their finances. by giving them the team and tools to focus on their passion, not their paperwork.
As the most senior backend engineering member of our Collective team, you will have the unique opportunity to guide the future of freelance work. You will serve as the main point of contact for all things related to technical architecture-- backend and frontend. The team will rely on your innovative solutions to complex technical problems. We want to create an environment where our engineers have autonomy and purpose.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and talented senior Full-Stack developer who will become a tech lead at our San Francisco-based, venture-backed tech startup.
As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to help develop ground-breaking technology to automate our tax and bookkeeping services. You will empower our self-employed community to run their businesses better. You will implement the frontend and backend Web Application of Collective using Django and use React over GitHub. You will also develop key APIs to integrate with third-party tools and partners using our backend.
- Working closely with the CTO, lead architecture discussion and development, act as lead engineer for remote and onsite teams
- Guide team effort to develop technical solutions, 60% hands-on development
- Develop documentation to aid onboarding and debugging, as well as capturing best practices for team cohesion
- Within 90 days own front and back end development, guide product development front to back, spend time directly with CTO doing knowledge transfer to become a local expert on the product
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Deep understanding of algorithms and CS fundamentals
- Expert level Python
- Django experience a plus
- Moderate experience with React
- Test-driven development / best practices engineering
- Resourceful, creative, and able to find innovative ways to achieve results
- Comfortable with change and able to work in a fast-paced environment, previous startup experience highly preferred
What You Bring:
- 8+ years of experience in Back-End development in fast-paced environments
- 8+ years of experience in Front-End development in fast-paced environments
- Project management and innovation-oriented perspective
- Automation experience between the software systems
- Nice to have: Experience in security implementation
What we bring:
- A dynamic, diverse, and collaborative team with flexibility around where you work.
- Competitive salary and stock options package
- Open vacation policy
- Employer-paid health, vision, and dental insurance
- Team events, workshops, and virtual gatherings!