At Collective Health, we're modernizing employer-sponsored health insurance and building the first healthcare solution that people actually look forward to interacting with. We believe that with a modern software stack, a small, dedicated team can replace entrenched 5000-person incumbents.
As an engineering team, we believe good code is easy to read and understand. We expect all of our engineers to continually teach as well as learn. Our company as a whole places a high priority on the overall member experience, including customer support (you shouldn't have to wait on hold ever), legal language (you shouldn't have to be a lawyer to read your health plan), and intuitive web design.
We've got a ton of interesting problems to solve around distributed systems, data pipelines, data analytics and predictions, system reliability, security, privacy, and more. If you're passionate about tackling hard problems while making a real difference in the world, we'd love to talk!
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will:
- Drive the continued design and development of our backend systems
- Work on multi-year green field platform project that will modernize how authorization is handled across services & portals at Collective Health
If you’re someone that:
- Enjoys building well-engineered systems
- Has 5+ years of software engineering work experience
- Is well-versed in Java
- Communicates clearly up, down and across teams
- Balances getting things done with making things perfect
- Takes pride in mentoring other developers
- Loves working with a team of awesome, collaborative co-workers
- Likes to be involved in the decision making process, taking into account the needs of our customers as well as our company
Our Tech Stack
Our backend services follow micro services architecture written using Java and Spring; we use Cloud services (AWS). Collective Health stores data in a set of PostgreSQL databases and utilizes Python & Spark for large scale data workloads. We have both Angular/template-based model and React-driven architecture for our front end.
Collective Health is a technology company working to create the healthcare experience we all deserve. Founded in 2013, our team of engineers, designers, product managers, and actuaries are redefining the $1 trillion market of employer-sponsored health benefits with data-driven and people-focused products. Our complete health benefits solution helps great companies like Activision Blizzard, Palantir, Restoration Hardware, and Pinterest take care of their people by harnessing the power of design and technology. Based in San Francisco, CA, we’re backed by some of the best investors in Silicon Valley including Google Ventures, Founders Fund, NEA, and Redpoint Ventures. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.