We are looking for a senior actuary to join the Analytics team at Collective Health. This position requires a healthcare background, strong quantitative and financial modeling capabilities, strong external communication skills, and a genuine passion for building analytic solutions for a variety of key stakeholders.
In this position, you will take a lead financial role in bringing innovative solutions and providing expertise to our existing customers. As a key financial expert in our customer-facing team, you will contribute to new business activities and participate in the creation of a new way of delivering health benefits. You will have a leading role in strategy, design, financing, and claim data analytics. You will contribute to our technology-driven approach towards scalable, configurable, and verifiable data pipelines for health analytics.
If many or most of the following items apply to you, we'd love to talk
- A self-starter attitude and customer-centric focus
- 5+ years health benefits consulting and/or health plan experience
- Prior experience in group health benefit design, pricing, and underwriting
- Familiarity with healthcare network arrangements, claim data, and clinical analysis
- Proven experience communicating to external clients or partners
- Understanding of current plan design alternatives and health care trends
- Proven strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in an open-ended environment and to interact collaboratively as part of a team
- Experience supporting new business activities
- A passion for driving new and innovative solutions in healthcare
- Expertise in working with data and financial modeling in Excel and VBA
- Experience with additional programming languages (SAS, R, Python, etc.) and data visualization tools is a plus
- ASA or FSA actuarial credential
Collective Health is a technology company working to create the healthcare experience we all deserve. Founded in 2013, our team of engineers, designers, product managers, and actuaries are redefining the $1 trillion-dollar market of employer-sponsored health benefits with data-driven and people-focused products. Our complete health benefits solution helps great companies like Activision Blizzard, Zendesk, and Palantir take care of their people by harnessing the power of design and technology. Based in San Francisco, CA, we’re backed by some of the best investors in Silicon Valley including Google Ventures, Founders Fund, NEA, and Redpoint Ventures. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.