Each Operations Associate is part of a team that runs every aspect of our employer-sponsored health plans, operating the core processes that power our business. Operations Associates gain a comprehensive understanding of our health plan operations, ensuring claims are paid accurately and in a timely manner, researching complicated member issues, and handling all of the complex details related to member eligibility, regulatory requirements, and medical coding.
In this role, you can expect to learn more about the payer-side of healthcare than any other position in the industry. You will learn by doing, working with your team to manage multiple health plans. As you learn our core business, you will become responsible for owning key operational processes for the company and improving how we operate as we scale. Through your experiences at Collective Health, you will become an expert in operations and in healthcare, while being at the forefront of transforming the industry. We are currently recruiting Operations Associates who can start on dates ranging from early spring through summer 2018.
We've had one of our amazing Operations Associates recently chosen as the spotlight of our 'Meet the Collective' series. Find out more about Ije's experiences at Collective Health.
What you’ll do:
- Execute the day-to-day operations of a health plan, including (but not limited to) processing medical claims, supporting our Member Advocates in resolving our members’ most complicated inquires, tracking our accuracy and timeliness around core metrics, and troubleshooting the many operational issues that affect our business
- Think critically and strategically to continually optimize how we do things
- Assist in implementing new clients and partners on our platform as we continue to grow
- Collaborate as a strong team player on both small and large teams of Operations Associates
- Develop project management skills as you work with Product, Engineering, Partner Operations, Client Success, and Member Advocacy teams to identify and fix problems
- Cultivate hard data skills as you interface with Excel, SQL, and scripting tools to optimize our performance and target areas for improvement (no previous coding experience required)
- Above all, you are self-motivated, intellectually curious, and take ownership for everything you do
- You pay extreme attention to detail
- You are a fast learner and can become proficient with a large volume of information quickly
- You have analytical horsepower and a strong academic record (please include GPA on resume)
- You are a committed team player
- You possess a passion for Collective Health’s mission to transform the health insurance experience for employers and their employees
- You have a bachelor’s degree and 0-2 years of work experience in a high-performance organization
Collective Health is a technology company working to create the healthcare experience we all deserve. Founded in 2013, our team of engineers, designers, product managers, and actuaries are redefining the $1 trillion market of employer-sponsored health benefits with data-driven and people-focused products. Our complete health benefits solution helps great companies like Activision Blizzard, Palantir, Restoration Hardware, and Pinterest take care of their people by harnessing the power of design and technology. Based in San Francisco, CA, we’re backed by some of the best investors in Silicon Valley including Google Ventures, Founders Fund, NEA, and Redpoint Ventures. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.