Collective Health is the ideal place to work for an attorney who wants to have an impact at a fast-growing company with a mission to fundamentally improve healthcare in this country. At Collective Health, our legal team is deeply involved in all aspects of the company. We are looking for a creative, business-minded, and driven attorney to join Collective Health as our Commercial Counsel. In this role, you’ll be the go-to lawyer for all of Collective Health’s commercial legal needs. As a member of Collective Health’s legal team, you’ll have the opportunity to help address some of the company’s trickiest legal challenges as we scale into a world-class healthcare technology company.
In this role you will:
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide array of inbound, outbound, and partnership commercial agreements, including client contracts, master services agreements with key partners, vendor and SaaS agreements, data security/confidentiality agreements, and business associate agreements.
- Efficiently manage risk and ensure business and compliance needs are accurately reflected in all agreements.
- Provide guidance to operations and product teams on service level agreements and other issues related to new and existing contractual arrangements.
- Coordinate with business partners from other departments (e.g., risk and compliance, security, finance, operations and product) in contract reviews related to their areas of expertise.
- Develop and conduct training to educate internal business teams on contract terms, negotiation best practices, commercial implications, legal risks etc.
- Develop legal forms, processes, and procedures that scale nationally.
- Serve as a proactive business partner to senior managers and build a trusted advisor relationship.
If most of the following apply to you, we’d love to talk:
- A J.D., with license to practice in California
- 4+ years of legal practice at a law firm and/or high-growth technology company
- Experience structuring, drafting, and negotiating complex commercial agreements
- Experience with HIPAA, ERISA, or regulated industries is a plus
- Comfort handling privacy and data protection topics in the commercial context
- Exceptional communication skills with a knack for explaining complicated legal concepts in plain English
- Demonstrated excellent judgment, including the ability to make difficult calls and weigh all factors of a decision while keeping the big picture in mind and considering the tiniest details
- Demonstrated talent for building trust within organizations and bringing different points of view to the table to find the best solution
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency to get things done
- Entrepreneurial mindset with willingness to take on special projects and ability to handle competing priorities in a dynamic and fluid environment
Does this sound like you? If so, please submit a resume below, along with a statement about why you’re interested in working at Collective Health in this role.
Collective Health is a technology company working to create the healthcare experience we all deserve. Founded in 2013, our team of engineers, designers, product managers, and actuaries are redefining the $1 trillion market of employer-sponsored health benefits with data-driven and people-focused products. Our complete health benefits solution helps great companies like Activision Blizzard, Zendesk, and Palantir take care of their people by harnessing the power of design and technology. Based in San Francisco, CA, we’re backed by some of the best investors in Silicon Valley including Google Ventures, Founders Fund, NEA, and Redpoint Ventures. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.