Collective Health is seeking an experienced Sr. QA Automation Engineer who will be responsible for the automated verification of backend systems within their team to ensure we have the correct and necessary information to adjudicate claims. You should have proven expertise in building and extending backend test automation frameworks as well as automating end-to-end tests.
We are on a mission to revolutionize health care. With a team of healthcare experts, engineers, data scientists, and designers – think of us as a smart replacement to your traditional health insurance carrier. We’re not building another health app or gadget—we’re building a complete solution to replace your employer health insurance; all while delivering the health care experience that people deserve.
What you’ll be working on:
- Analyze requirements, designs, and technical impact of new features/enhancements.
- Collaborate with the scrum team to document test scenarios and test data.
- Create or extend the test automation framework.
- Identify and automate the end- to- end smoke and regression test cases.
- Setup test harnesses, complete with specific configurations and test data.
- Monitor test results the tests and work with the scrum team to address any issues with the tests and /applications as they arise.
- Generate weekly metrics on smoke & regression backlog and test automation progress.
- 4+ years of experience in testing backend applications.
- 4+ years of experience in Java and JUnit.
- 2-4 years of experience in WebDriver-based frontend automation (mobile/web).
- Knows how to build backend test automation frameworks.
- Experience in implementing test driven development approach.
- Experience testing microservices and integrating automated tests into build pipeline.
- Understanding of continuous Integration and associated tools (Jenkins, etc, TestRails Sonarqube/CoverAlls)
- Understands the concepts of relational databases and can write SQL queries.
- You love interacting with people interaction and cross-collaboration with Engineering and Product.
- Thrives in a dynamic and, agile SCRUM, startup environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills., both written and orally
You get extra bonus points for:
- Experience with test management tools such as Testrail, Issue/Project tracking tools like Jira, and Confluence.
- Experience in building utilities/tools in Python.
- Experience with Docker/containerization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.