Collective Health is looking for a highly engaged, and enthusiastic Senior Systems Engineer possessing exemplary skills in design, support, and maintenance of critical infrastructure at the application, and network layers. You will help Collective Health design and build infrastructure that empowers the business, and provides a genuine competitive advantage. A clear working knowledge of cloud infrastructure, traditional data centers, and infrastructure resiliency are pivotal to the role. Areas of relevant focus include high availability OS and application deployment, IPv4 and IPv6 stack management, IP routing, multi-vendor interoperability, infrastructure and link monitoring, and change control based management.
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on *nix and network experience, in all layers of the OSI model
- Proficiency with Unix-like operating systems and excellent knowledge of core network services including: SSH, DNS, SMTP, NTP, syslog, and HTTP(s)
- An solid understanding of TCP/IP including tuning from infrastructure to OS, and troubleshooting based on best practices and network diagnostics (PCAP’s, IPFIX, NetFlow, sFlow, etc)
- Experience with physical datacenter management, including remote hands
- Excellent knowledge of and skill in implementing, monitoring and troubleshooting IP networks: MPLS, BGP, VRRP
- Ability to manage long term, project and milestone based work with multiple teams
- Incessant ethic for process, documentation, and constant improvement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
Bonus points for:
- Mad shell scripting skills considered a significant asset
- Experience in planning and provisioning of IP services, virtualization, and datacenter facilities
- Experience with AWS, VPC’s, Direct Connect, and IP address management
- Familiarity with emerging SDN standards and technologies is beneficial
- Experience with application layer firewalls
- Experience working with, and preferably developing / implementing network monitoring, and trending tools
Collective Health is a technology company working to create the healthcare experience we all deserve. Founded in 2013, our team of engineers, designers, product managers, and actuaries are redefining the $1 trillion market of employer-sponsored health benefits with data-driven and people-focused products. Our complete health benefits solution helps great companies like Activision Blizzard, Palantir, Restoration Hardware, and Pinterest take care of their people by harnessing the power of design and technology. Based in San Francisco, CA, we’re backed by some of the best investors in Silicon Valley including Google Ventures, Founders Fund, NEA, and Redpoint Ventures. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.