We are looking for an accountant to join our fast-growing Financial Management and Payments (FMP) team! As a member of our team, you will utilize your accounting and finance expertise to enhance the Collective Health client experience. Collective Health administers self-insured health plans for employers (our clients) and the FMP team is responsible for managing our clients’ health plan bank accounts. This involves administering payments to our clients’ health plan partners, producing reconciliations and reports to support client financial requirements, and serving as the primary point of contact for our clients’ Finance and Accounting teams. The FMP team is a key liaison between our clients and their health plan partners and provides an additional level of service and value by addressing ad-hoc questions and requests in a timely and accurate manner.
In addition to supporting clients, the FMP team works in partnership with the Operations team to buildand improve processes and solve a wide range of operational challenges. You will have a unique opportunity to collaborate with other teams in the organization on a day-to- day basis, including Partner Operations, Client Operations, Analytics, Engineering, Product, and Eligibility and have an influential role in leading initiatives that will help scale and shape our business. You will be able to flex your accounting/finance skills in a fast-paced startup environment, as well as develop and implement new processes to support company growth and enhance overall client satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree (Finance or Accounting preferred)
- 1–2 years of relevant accounting experience (Big 4/CPA experience is strongly preferred)
- High-growth startup experience is a plus
- Enthusiasm for client service and new challenges
- Excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to partner cross-functionally and balance multiple projects in a rapidly changing environment
- Passionate about building a better health insurance experience!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.