At Collective Health, we put our users first. Our mission is to make understanding, navigating, and paying for care effortless. We deliver a connected healthcare experience for companies across the nation who want the best for their employees.
Platform Infrastructure Engineering at Collective Health is working to turn public cloud services into a comprehensive platform that enables our developers to work faster and more productively, while we relentlessly scale. We partner with product teams to ensure they have a platform that does what they need, is simple to use, and delivers our user experience as efficiently as possible. We’re building the next generation healthcare platform, and proud to be on the leading edge of this important mission.
On any given day you may need to...
- Collaborate on and/or lead engineering efforts from requirements to production, solving problems of developer productivity and presenting complex technical concepts to the team, engineering org, and leadership audiences.
- Write code that is well-tested, easily understood, and maintainable by others.
- Troubleshoot and fix complex production issues related to availability or performance, even if they are outside your comfort zone.
- Work independently and autonomously.
- Advise, critique, or comment on engineering designs.
- Help our internal customers solve their problems in as efficient and future-proof a manner as possible.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or 3+ years of equivalent fellowship, training, or work experience.
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- Experience with any of the following or similar technologies, including: Kubernetes, Docker, Postgres, etcd, Elasticsearch, or related scheduling and persistence services. Apache Kafka, Kafka Streams, RabbitMQ, Apache Spark or related message and data pipeline technologies.
- Experience in at least one of the following areas of software development: refactoring code, test-driven development, build infrastructure, debugging, building tools and testing frameworks.
- Master's or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field, or 5+ years of equivalent fellowship, training, or work experience.
- Good understanding of private and public cloud design considerations and limitations in the areas of infrastructure, distributed systems, load balancing and networking, data storage, ETL, and security.
At Collective Health, we care about creating a culture of diversity, openness, and transparency, while engaging our intellectual curiosity, problem solving and software engineering skills. This is vital to maintaining an agile engineering culture while putting a robust user experience front and center. We bring together people with a wide variety of backgrounds and perspectives, while creating an environment where their passions can be supported, and mentored so they can learn and grow.
Collective Health is a technology company simplifying employer healthcare to make health insurance work for everyone. With more than 200,000 members and over 45 enterprise clients—including Pinterest, Red Bull, Restoration Hardware, Activision Blizzard, and more—our technical and customer experience teams are reinventing the healthcare experience for forward-thinking employers and their people across the U.S.
Collective Health is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with additional offices in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. Founded in 2013, Collective Health is backed by the SoftBank Vision Fund, DFJ Growth, PSP Investments, NEA, GV, G Squared, Founders Fund, Maverick Ventures, Mubadala Ventures, Sun Life, and other leading investors. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.