We all depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, and our families and friends, but it is notoriously difficult to navigate and understand. As an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy we think healthcare should work better for all of us. At Collective Health we believe it’s time for a new day in healthcare where as members we are informed and empowered to make the right care choices when the decisions are urgent and critical.
At Collective Health, we care about creating a culture of diversity, openness, and transparency, while engaging our intellectual curiosity, and problem solving skills. We’re looking for an experienced engineering leader to be a collaborative partner in building healthcare’s new infrastructure. In this role, you will lead teams building the core data infrastructure foundational to products that our clients, partners, and members use to interact with greater accuracy, efficiency, and effectiveness. Healthcare systems today consist of arcane file formats, legacy mainframe systems, and other antiquated technologies. We’re building the next generation healthcare platform, and we’re proud to be on the leading edge of this important mission. If you want to make a difference in the healthcare of those around you, join us.
What you'll do:
- Define the vision, and roadmap for building a data platform that empowers our data engineers, data scientists, business analysts, and product managers
- Lead a team of software and data engineers to build data frameworks, pipelines, tools, controls, and services
- Provide hands-on technical expertise during the design, implementation, and delivery of the data platform
- Work collaboratively with a diverse set of partners from product, engineering, and data science to refine and execute on collective goals
- Manage teams in our SF office
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years building and architecting reliable, software systems
- 5+ years of engineering management and technical leadership experience with a track record of building and leading highly productive, deeply technical teams
- Clear and persuasive communications in writing and in person
- A track record of attracting and retaining great talent, helping them develop new skills and advance in their careers
- Experience with and understanding of data architectures, data modeling, systems deployment methods, storage techniques, information management, and analysis tools
- Experience in systems level engineering and building platform components/services for distributed systems
- Experience in big data frameworks (such as Apache Spark/Databricks)
- Experience working in an AWS cloud environment
- Programming experience in Python, SQL, Java, or Go
- Prior experience in healthcare, insurance, payments, or similar domains is a plus
Collective Health is a technology company simplifying employer healthcare to make health insurance work for everyone. With more than 200,000 members and over 45 enterprise clients—including Pinterest, Red Bull, Restoration Hardware, Activision Blizzard, and more—our technical and customer experience teams are reinventing the healthcare experience for forward-thinking employers and their people across the U.S.
Collective Health is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with additional offices in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. Founded in 2013, Collective Health is backed by the SoftBank Vision Fund, DFJ Growth, PSP Investments, NEA, GV, G Squared, Founders Fund, Maverick Ventures, Mubadala Ventures, Sun Life, and other leading investors. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.