Collective Health’s mission is to transform people’s healthcare experience from confusing and complicated to empowering and trustworthy. We believe that with a modern software stack, a small dedicated team can replace entrenched 5000-person incumbents.
As the first frontend engineer in our Chicago office, you'll be working with a talented team of dedicated engineers and product managers in all phases of the product development process.
What you'll do:
- Implementing new product features for our mainly greenfield projects
- Building frontend platform components leveraged across our internal and external portals
- Contributing to our overall front end architecture and development experience partnering with other front-end tech leads
Your skills include:
- Experience with a frontend framework(s), such as Backbone, Ember, Angular, or React
- Experience developing websites consuming from various APIs
- Consistent experience with unit testing
- Knowledge of full development life cycle and computer science fundamentals
- Experience with mentoring other engineers
Nice to have:
- Open Source contributions
- Full stack experience
- Angular expertise
If you love building web applications that display and perform beautifully across browsers and devices, are proud of the maintainable code that you produce, are passionate about learning while also helping others learn and want to take part in modernizing health insurance, then this is the place for you.
To get a glimpse of what it is like to work as an engineer at Collective Health, meet Erica by following this link, who was featured in a spotlight of our 'Meet the Collective' series!
Collective Health is a technology company simplifying employer healthcare to make health insurance work for everyone. With more than 200,000 members and over 45 enterprise clients—including Pinterest, Red Bull, Restoration Hardware, Activision Blizzard, and more—our technical and customer experience teams are reinventing the healthcare experience for forward-thinking employers and their people across the U.S.
Collective Health is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with additional offices in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. Founded in 2013, Collective Health is backed by the SoftBank Vision Fund, DFJ Growth, PSP Investments, NEA, GV, G Squared, Founders Fund, Maverick Ventures, Mubadala Ventures, Sun Life, and other leading investors. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.