Have you ever thought, “Wow. Getting, using, and understanding healthcare is really complicated?” Us too. So we’re revolutionizing the experience.
The Collective Health Research Team is looking for a smart, experienced and curious Senior User Researcher to help transform the American healthcare experience into one that is empowering and trustworthy. We’re a passionate group of researchers, designers and copywriters with backgrounds from IDEO, Smart Design, Method, Cooper and Nokia (to name a few). Research is core to our business and works across the organization to influence product design and business strategy.
As a User Researcher at Collective Health, you'll be defining and executing research studies across our service experience, as well as mentoring other teams to develop their own research. Your core activities will range from generative research and sensemaking workshops to participatory design sessions and more formal usability studies.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate closely with designers, product managers, engineers and our commercial organization to identify new opportunities that help people navigate the healthcare system
- Conduct impactful research across the product cycle: blending qualitative and quantitative, whether it be surveys, interviews, usability studies, diary studies, ethnographic observation, or a new method you invent
- Engage a variety of stakeholders in creative synthesis and workshop sessions to turn research insights into actionable design strategies and tactics
- Share findings with designers, engineers, product managers, and others in engaging ways, creating a smarter, more informed and more empathetic product team
- Contribute towards building a more established framework for our User Research and Insights footprint – from how we centralize and socialize research to how we continue to educate our growing company on the power of our work
Your skills include:
- 5+ years industry experience
- Strong research methods and the confidence to invent your own as needed
- Demonstrated ability to plan and conduct research ranging from large scale studies to scrappy guerrilla-style feedback
- Guide teams in parsing through large amounts of information, identifying and prioritizing which insights are most relevant to focus on
- Experience managing complex projects involving cross-functional teams as well as workshop facilitation
- Presentation and communication skills, including engaging stakeholders using the right medium(s) including executives
- Experience with survey design and quantitative methods are ideal but not necessary.
- Visual storytelling skills are a plus, experience with Sketch and basic video editing is ideal
- Bachelor or Master in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Centered Design, Sociology, Psychology, Information Science, Computer Science (or similar), or equivalent experience
Collective Health is a technology company simplifying employer healthcare to make health insurance work for everyone. With more than 200,000 members and over 45 enterprise clients—including Pinterest, Red Bull, Restoration Hardware, Activision Blizzard, and more—our technical and customer experience teams are reinventing the healthcare experience for forward-thinking employers and their people across the U.S.
Collective Health is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with additional offices in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. Founded in 2013, Collective Health is backed by the SoftBank Vision Fund, DFJ Growth, PSP Investments, NEA, GV, G Squared, Founders Fund, Maverick Ventures, Mubadala Ventures, Sun Life, and other leading investors. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.