We depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, and our families and friends, but it is notoriously difficult to navigate and understand. As an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy we think healthcare should work better for all of us. At Collective Health we believe it’s time for a new day in healthcare where as members we are informed and empowered to make the right care choices when the decisions are urgent and critical.
At Collective Health, we care about creating a culture of diversity, openness, and transparency, while engaging our intellectual curiosity, and problem solving skills. We are looking for an experienced engineering leader to be a collaborative partner in building member experiences that connect our members and employers to the right care at the right time. Because the help and information members need from us is often at the most critical times, they require a frictionless consumer experience that sets a new standard for healthcare. This team owns all member and employer facing touchpoints from our Member Portal which includes things like digital and print versions of health insurance cards, doctor search, and health plan information to our Employer Portal which includes reporting and analytics capabilities administrators use to run their employee health plans. Producing these experiences accurately and at scale takes real innovation in the healthcare space.
Healthcare systems today consist of arcane file formats, legacy mainframe systems, and other antiquated technologies. We’re building the next generation healthcare platform, and we’re proud to be on the leading edge of this important mission. If you want to make a difference in the healthcare of those around you, join us.
What you’ll do:
- Lead multiple teams of software engineers developing our external facing experiences that support the growing number of Collective Health customers, members, and partners, etc.
- Leverage your technical knowledge and experience to lead rapid short-term projects and feature development as well as longer-term development of new experiences and services.
- Partner with product management to set engineering priorities, estimate scope of work, define release schedules, and track progress.
- Actively foster high-quality software development by setting best practice example or standards for code reviews, pair-programming, feature development and innovation through new technologies and systems prototypes.
- Work with data scientists to deploy machine learning based approaches to production products and workflows
- Mentor and develop engineers, technical leads, and engineering managers.
- Enable and enhance production readiness of the broader service ecosystem
- Report to the VP of Engineering and manage teams in our SF office.
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years architecting, building and delivering reliable, extensible cloud based consumer and/or enterprise experiences (web/mobile)
- 5+ years of engineering management experience with a track record of leading highly productive, technical teams through significant feature or product launch with Product and Design.
- 3+ years of hands-on software design and development experience
- You’re a clear and persuasive communicator in writing and in person
- You’ve led teams of 10+ engineers and have experience managing managers
- You have a track record of attracting and retaining great talent
- You care deeply about helping engineers and managers develop new skills and advance in their careers
- MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Prior experience in healthcare, insurance, payments, or similar domains is a plus
- Capable of handling ambiguity and bringing clarity
Collective Health is a technology company simplifying employer healthcare to make health insurance work for everyone. With more than 200,000 members and over 45 enterprise clients—including Pinterest, Red Bull, Restoration Hardware, Activision Blizzard, and more—our technical and customer experience teams are reinventing the healthcare experience for forward-thinking employers and their people across the U.S.
Collective Health is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with additional offices in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. Founded in 2013, Collective Health is backed by the SoftBank Vision Fund, DFJ Growth, PSP Investments, NEA, GV, G Squared, Founders Fund, Maverick Ventures, Mubadala Ventures, Sun Life, and other leading investors. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.