At Collective Health, we're modernizing employer-sponsored health insurance and building the first healthcare solution that is highly scalable, accurate, and people actually look forward to interacting with. We believe that with a modern software stack, a small, dedicated team can replace entrenched 5000-person incumbents. We are now in our 6th year of innovating US health care and we are rapidly growing in all dimensions: our customers, our users, and in the number of engineers building our health care technology solutions.
As an engineering team, we believe good code is easy to read and understand. We love automation, code reviews, and continuous integration and expect all of our engineers to continually teach as well as learn. Our company as a whole places a high priority on the overall member experience, including customer support (you shouldn't have to wait on hold ever), legal language (you shouldn't have to be a lawyer to read your health plan), and intuitive web design.
You have a strong eye for detail and appreciate finely tuned delightful web apps. You should be able to create delightful experiences working with our talented design team. You will be required to prototype and build custom, elegant UI interactions. When necessary, you are comfortable doing performance tuning in order to enhance the overall member experience. Your code should be thoughtful, well documented, well tested and easy to use.
If many or most of the following items apply to you, we'd love to talk.
- Deep understanding of modern frontend framework(s) such as Angular or React, and frontend development flows (task runners, preprocessors, etc)
- Proven ability to produce and own technical designs and codebases, and work with other technology leaders to craft technical roadmaps
- Proficient with RESTful web development and client-server architecture
- Thoughtful, detailed communication style through code and design reviews
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in data visualization
- Open Source contributions
- Experience working in an agile environment with multiple partners
- Full stack experience
- Angular expertise
- Frontend Security experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.