Collective Health is looking for an Actuarial professional to join our Analytics team. This position requires a healthcare background, strong financial and quantitative modeling capabilities, excellent communication skills, and a genuine passion for building analytical solutions for a variety of key stakeholders.
In this position, you will develop financial and quantitative analyses to help evaluate new business activities, enhance our existing products and capabilities, and improve operational efficiency. Under the guidance of our senior Actuaries, you will support projects & initiatives across Collective Health’s Sales, Client, Product & Operations functional areas.
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field
- 3 or more Actuarial exams passed
- 2 or more years of healthcare experience in a health plan, consulting or similar environment
- Technical proficiency with spreadsheet analysis (Excel) and SQL
- Strong analytical, quantitative & technical skillset
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skill
Ideal candidates will have experience with most of the following:
- Pricing and ratemaking
- Financial reporting for self-funded health & welfare plans
- PBM contract evaluation & pricing analysis
- Provider contract analysis
- Using SQL to summarize exposure & financial data from a healthcare data warehouse
- Experience with additional programming languages (SAS, R, Python) and data visualization tools
Typical assignments and projects may include:
- Producing healthcare cost projections for prospective clients
- Measuring and identifying drivers of healthcare cost trend
- Quantifying the financial impact of PBM contract changes
- Evaluating the efficacy of patient engagement activities
- Creating ad hoc cost & utilization analyses for clients & internal stakeholders
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.