Collective Health is expanding its Collective Care team in Salt Lake City!
Collective Health is transforming the way people experience healthcare. We are building a world-class team and an innovative technology platform for our members, employers, and partners. We believe that accuracy and efficiency are paramount to ensuring exceptional member and employer experiences. To accomplish this, we are reimagining the operational core of health insurance.
Collective Health is looking for a full time, experienced, and forward-looking telephonic Social Worker to guide and support members facing complex conditions driven by data, shaped by evidence-based best practices, and supported by world-class customer service. Our Social Workers either are part of an interdisciplinary team including Member Advocates, Registered Nurses and Social Workers located onsite at Collective Health’s office in San Francisco or part of an interdisciplinary team including Member Advocates located at our offices in Salt Lake City. This particular position will be based in Salt Lake City. The Social Worker will ensure that our members’ care is optimally coordinated.
We are looking for an expert Social Worker who is adept at navigating people-to-care resources. The Social Worker would be responsible for providing telephonic care management, including:
- Leading outreach efforts to high-risk individuals through telephonic and electronic outreach
- Completing telephonic social work assessments and care plans for patients enrolled in the program
- Educating and empowering members through multiple modalities including telephone and email
- Identifying and discussing current barriers related to member’s current condition, and provide interventions to address these barriers
- Providing emotional support, assisting with benefits and behavioral health navigation
- Furnishing education related to health benefit resources
- Utilizing motivational interviewing to assist members to become self sufficient
- Participating in clinical interdisciplinary rounds
- Working with member advocates and operations associates to assist with benefits and claims questions
- Working collaboratively with offsite Registered Nurses on co-managed cases
- Working collaboratively with other Social Workers, participating in social work case rounds and providing input for process improvement opportunities and resources for team
You would be a fit for the Social worker position at Collective Health if:
- You have an MSW from an accredited school of Social Work
- You do not require hours of supervision for licensure. Collective Health will not be able to provide supervision for clinical hours. Collective Health will not provide supervision or experience with Clinical Psychosocial Diagnosis, Assessment, Treatment, Individual or Group Psychotherapy.
- You have experience in case management; experience at a payer is a plus
- You are independent, tenacious, and capable of identifying and implementing best practices
- You are driven, able to carry a caseload and prioritize to complete daily tasks and outreach
- You are tech savvy; able to talk, type, and navigate an electronic chart with ease
- You are excited to work in a telephonic social work role (no direct/face to face patient contact)
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and open to collaborating with people across different teams
- Additional Case Management Certification is a plus
- Discharge planning, complex care coordination, behavioral health, and/or home health, oncology, behavioral health, autism, pediatrics, and/or maternity experience a plus
- A strong moral compass and commitment to Collective Health’s core values of integrity, transparency and trust
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.