At Collective Health we're modernizing employer-sponsored health insurance and building the first healthcare solution that is highly scalable, accurate, and with which people look forward to interacting.
Running health insurance plans entails complex administrative tasks requiring automation and the creation of intuitive interfaces for a wide range of internal processes such as rules for processing claims or managing coordination of benefits and prior authorization.
We’re looking for a manager capable of leading a full stack team to understand our operation team’s processes and rapidly deploy new software solutions to optimize workflows, detect anomalies, and improve accuracy. Accomplishing this goal is critical as we scale to our next phase of growth.
You’ll need to be resourceful, able to think creatively, contribute across multiple code bases and platforms, and excited to tackle complex data sets and processes. The software solutions you build may range from designing and implementing domain specific languages that can configure and manage plan designs to building systems that utilize OCR and text analysis to automate data entry. Our tech stack is a distributed system of Java, Scala and Python components with React and Angular frontends. Our infrastructure is based on AWS, Postgres, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to architect solutions that optimize operations workflows required to support the growing number of Collective Health customers and members
- Provide technical and team leadership on rapid short-term projects/feature development as well as longer-term development of new services
- Partner with product management to set engineering priorities, estimate scope of work, define release schedules, and track progress
- Actively foster a high-quality software development through code reviews, pair-programming, and targeted feature development and when needed to unblock your team, prototype new technologies and systems, or demonstrate good coding practices
- Work with data scientists to deploy machine learning based approaches to production products and workflows
- Mentor and develop engineers
- Enable and enhance production readiness of the broader service ecosystem
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- 7+ years of software engineering experience as a full stack or backend engineer
- Track record of developing high quality software in an automated build and deployment environment.
- Experience leading a team of engineers through a significant feature or product launch.
- Experience with 1 or more of: Java, Scala, Node.js, React, Angular, Python, or AWS Lambda
- Well versed in agile development methodologies (i.e. scrum, kanban)
- MS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience as a lead or manager coaching and directing the work of other engineers
- In depth knowledge of 1 or more of: Java, Scala, Node.js, React, Angular, Python, or AWS Lambda
Collective Health is a technology company working to create the healthcare experience we all deserve. Founded in 2013, our team of engineers, designers, product managers, and actuaries are redefining the $1 trillion market of employer-sponsored health benefits with data-driven and people-focused products. Our complete health benefits solution helps great companies like Activision Blizzard, Palantir, Restoration Hardware, and Pinterest take care of their people by harnessing the power of design and technology. Based in San Francisco, CA, we’re backed by some of the best investors in Silicon Valley including Google Ventures, Founders Fund, NEA, and Redpoint Ventures. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.