Reimagining healthcare requires a sensitivity towards understanding complex data problems and drawing substantiated insights that help build novel products that truly improve people’s lives. Our role in administering health plans puts us in a position to dig into the most granular level of America's healthcare payment infrastructure. This gives us control over our data quality, which is key for getting specific and actionable insights.
We are looking for a creative Senior Staff Engineer with a scientific mindset. This position requires strong foundation in building data centric algorithms at scale. You would have built and shipped production code using open source Big Data Technologies. You should be willing to go beyond what is available in current Open Source frameworks and customize these stacks if needed to make them a better fit for business needs, and give back to the open source community as well. Besides engineering foundational infrastructure components, you will also be building scalable Data-Mining and Machine Learning pipelines. You will be working very closely with rest of the Data Science team and collaborate with wider Engineering teams at company level.
We Expect to See:
- Strong Data Structures and Algorithms background
- Leadership and vision skills to reach our product goals
- Experience developing scalable data pipeline
- History of successfully shipping large products involving many partners.
- Written production code in modern languages like C++, Java, and Python
- Comfortable with basic statistics
- Superb communication skills in both technical and non-technical setting
- Experience with Big Data Technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Airflow, etc
- Relational database modeling and SQL queries experience
Nice to Have:
- Distributed data computing experience: you know how to parallelize computing across cluster of machines using modern stacks
- Familiar with AWS services like EC2, EMR, etc or similar cloud computing environment
- Development experience in Linux environment
- Python development experience
- Experience with productionization of models developed in ML libraries like Scikit-learn, MLLIB, Tensorflow, Keras, (Py)Torch, etc
- Experience with management of BI frameworks like Tableau, Looker, etc
- Interest in Healthcare
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.