We are looking for a Director of Sales Strategy & Enablement to join our team. This leader directs Collective Health's investments in our sales team to drive effectiveness and results. This person will manage functions essential to all of our sales team productivity. These include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales methodology optimization, sales training, sales initiatives, sales compensation design and administration, and ensuring consistent quality in selecting, hiring and managing sales talent.
This person is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the sales organization. Reporting to the SVP of Sales, this individual will foster close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the sales organization has efficient operation and success. The person will manage the Sales Consultants, and will direct the support of sales enablement resources and other sales and management resources as needed.
The Director, Sales Strategy and Enablement at Collective Health will:
- Design, implement, and manage the Sales Consultants
- Ensure planning, forecasting and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes employed within the company.
- Provide leadership to the sales organization, and counsel to the SVP of Sales and SVP of Marketing in implementing sales organization objectives that appropriately reflect the company's business goals.
- Be responsible for equitably assigning quotas for Sales Consultants and ensuring the company's financial objectives are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources through the quota program.
- Be accountable for the timely assignment of all sales organization objectives.
- Partner with senior sales leadership to identify opportunities for sales process improvement.
- Foster an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Oversee enablement team to increase productivity including proposal development and training.
- Prioritize investments in enabling technologies in support of sales organization productivity.
- Recommend changes and enhancements to the company sales strategy
- Management technology platform.
- Responsible for the optimal deployment of Sales Consultant personnel. Makes recommendations for changing sales roles, coverage models, or team configurations in order to maximize sales productivity.
- Leads a change management process to build organizational understanding of proposed changes, establish support from key leadership stakeholders, and effectively implement new deployment and job models.
- Work closely with senior sales leadership to define the optimal performance
- measurements and performance management programs required to ensure sales organization success. Aligns reporting, training, and incentive programs with these performance management priorities.
- Ensure sales reports and other internal intelligence is provided to the sales organization.
- Develops new reporting tools as needed. Coordinates with sales leadership and other stakeholders to lead efficient and accurate sales force reporting initiatives.
- Work closely with sales leadership and Human Resources to establish a sales force training plan focused on developing and reinforcing critical sales competencies. Prioritize training objectives for selling, sales management, and sales support roles. Oversees the delivery of field and HQ training to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel.
- Collaborate with Compensation & Benefits, Finance and senior sales leadership to design sales incentive compensation programs that provide market-competitive pay, reinforce sales organization strategy, and align with business and sales organization objectives.
- Oversee sales compensation plan administration. Establish sales compensation program for Sales Consultant rules, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures sufficient resources are assigned to adequately administer sales compensation programs.
- Works closely with Accounting, Finance, and Compensation & Benefits to establish rules, policies, and procedures associated with Sales Consultant compensation.
- Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
Accountabilities and Performance Measures:
- Achievement of Company sales, profit, and strategic objectives.
- Accountable for the on-time implementation of sales organization quotas and
- performance objectives.
- Accountable for the thorough implementation of sales organization-impacting
- enablement and initiatives.
- Responsible for the efficient allocation of technology, support, and training resources impacting the sales organization.
- Accountable for accurate and on-time reporting essential for sales organization effectiveness.
- Achievement of strategic objectives defined by company management.
- Accountable for CRM hygiene and data integrity.
What will I bring to the team?
- Four year college degree from an accredited institution; masters in business administration (MBA) or equivalent preferred
- Minimum seven to ten years of sales or sales management experience in a business-to-business sales environment
- Minimum seven to ten years in a sales operations, business planning, or sales support management role
- Experience successfully managing analytically rigorous corporate initiatives
- PC proficiency
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.