Collective Health is on a mission to make it effortless for organizations and their people to understand, navigate and pay for their healthcare. Collective Health combines technology, design, and a human touch to allow benefits teams to deliver a truly enjoyable healthcare experience to their employees while also equipping benefits teams and their consulting partners with the data and insights necessary to help develop effective and efficient benefits strategies. Backed by the same investors behind SpaceX, Airbnb, Palantir and Slack, our team brings together domain experts — engineers from NASA, product managers from Facebook, actuaries from Blue Shield and executives from Google — to reimagine health insurance with technology and design.
We are looking for a highly motivated and committed individual to join our Corporate Accounting team as a Payroll Specialist. This individual must be able to demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
Core Job Requirements:
- Be responsible for processing multi-state bi-weekly payroll in ADP for 500+ exempt and non-exempt U.S. employees while ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local payroll tax regulations.
- Manage payroll change processing – raises, retro pay, benefit deductions, location moves and terminations.
- Process tax changes, direct deposits, garnishments, 401K loan repayments, deduction goals, and retroactive adjustments.
- Ensure that all non-exempt employee timesheets are approved by supervisors in a timely fashion, and timesheet data is processed accurately.
- Enter Time and Attendance adjustments as needed, prepare manual checks for terminating employees, and ensure accurate and timely preparation of W2s.
- Provide prompt, courteous, and efficient customer service to employees who have questions regarding their pay, deductions, the payroll process, or the expense reimbursement process.
- Prepare journal entries and monthly reconciliations
- Assist with the year-end audit and regulatory filings
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor's degree (Finance or Accounting preferred)
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals
- Working knowledge of state and federal employment laws and regulations
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now
- 2 - 3 years of payroll experience
- Microsoft excel experience is required
- Excited to build a better health insurance company!