At Collective Health, we're modernizing employer-sponsored health insurance and building the first healthcare solution that people actually look forward to interacting with. We believe that with a modern software stack, a small, dedicated team can replace entrenched 5000-person incumbents.
We've doubled the number of members on our platform every year for the last few years. With this growth comes increasingly complex requirements for storing and managing member data, and new demands for greater flexibility and customizability of the member's benefit programs. As a backend engineer on the Membership Platform team, you'll build resilient backend systems to scale our ability to onboard and support new companies and members.
As an engineering team, we believe good code is easy to read and understand. We love automation, code reviews, and continuous integration and expect all of our engineers to continually teach as well as learn. Our company as a whole places a high priority on the overall member experience, including customer support (you shouldn't have to wait on hold ever), legal language (you shouldn't have to be a lawyer to read your health plan), and intuitive product design. We care deeply about diversity and inclusion and have worked to build a diverse team where everyone feels respected and supported.
What you’ll do:
- Design scalable and resilient member data import pipelines to be able to handle exponential member growth with confidence.
- Contribute to a microservices backend that runs our health benefits product.
- Design data models and workflows to store and use complex and highly configurable healthcare data.
- Collaborate with engineers and product managers to make sure we're building the right solutions for the right problems.
If you are looking for a challenge and most or all of the following items apply to you, please apply!
- You're able to dive into complex systems and understand how they work, and you're eager to learn new things.
- You work with a sense of empathy for others, both end users and your fellow engineers.
- You're able to communicate clearly when explaining your ideas to others, documenting your work, and collaborating with teammates.
- You're excited to come up with innovative solutions to tricky technical and business problems.
- You have experience with Java or another object-oriented language.
- We have junior and senior level positions available, so feel free to apply whatever your level of experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.