At Collective Health, we're modernizing employer-sponsored health insurance and building the first healthcare solution that people actually look forward to interacting with. We believe that with a modern software stack, a small, dedicated team can replace entrenched 5000-person incumbents.
As an engineering team, we believe good code is easy to read and understand. We expect all of our engineers to continually teach as well as learn. Our company as a whole places a high priority on the overall member experience, including customer support (you shouldn't have to wait on hold ever), legal language (you shouldn't have to be a lawyer to read your health plan), and intuitive web design.
We've got a ton of interesting problems to solve around distributed systems, data pipelines, data analytics and predictions, system reliability, security, privacy, and more. If you're passionate about taking on hard problems while making a real difference in the world, we'd love to talk!
What you’ll work on:
- Work across the stack to build iterative solutions
- Design and build solutions to reduce overhead in labor-intensive processes working closely with data scientists
- Participate in building solutions that enables our business to cost efficiently serve our members while reducing risk for the business as we scale up our platform
What we’re looking for:
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of software engineering work experience
- Experience working with our toolset is a plus. We have a microservices stack with Java, GoLang, Node.js and Angular.js. We heavily use Python for data pipelines and automation.
- Previous startup experience is a plus
Collective Health is a technology company working to create the healthcare experience we all deserve. Founded in 2013, our team of engineers, designers, product managers, and actuaries are redefining the $1 trillion market of employer-sponsored health benefits with data-driven and people-focused products. Our complete health benefits solution helps great companies like Activision Blizzard, Palantir, Restoration Hardware, and Pinterest take care of their people by harnessing the power of design and technology. Based in San Francisco, CA, we’re backed by some of the best investors in Silicon Valley including Google Ventures, Founders Fund, NEA, and Redpoint Ventures. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.