Reimagining healthcare requires a sensitivity towards understanding complex data problems and drawing substantiated insights that help build novel products that truly improve people’s lives. Our role in administering health plans puts us a position to dig into the most granular level of America's healthcare payment infrastructure. This gives us control over our data quality, which is key for getting specific and actionable insights.
We are looking for a creative Software/Data engineer with a data science mindset. This position requires strong foundation in building data centric algorithms at scale. Ideal candidate would have built/shipped production code using open source Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Airflow wtc). This candidate should also be willing go beyond what is available in current Open Source frameworks and customize the these stacks if needed to make them better fit for business needs, and contribute back to open source community. Besides engineering foundational infrastructure components, you will also be building scalable Data-Mining and Machine Learning pipelines. You will be working very closely with rest of the Data Science team and collaborate with wider Engineering teams at company level.
We Expect to See:
- Strong Data Structures and Algorithms background.
- Developed scalable data pipelines.
- Shipped at least one product/service.
- Development experience in Linux environment.
- Distributed data computing experience: you know how to parallelize computing across cluster of machines using modern stacks.
- Written production code in any modern Languages like C++, Java, Python etc.
- Comfortable with basic Statistics.
- Superb communication skills in both Technical and Non-technical setting.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Big Data Technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Airflow.
- Relational database modeling and SQL queries.
- Familiar with AWS services like EC2, EMR etc or similar cloud computing environment.
- Python development experience.
- Experience with productionization of models developed in ML libraries like Scikit-learn, MLLIB, Tensorflow, Keras, (Py)Torch etc.
- Experience with management of BI frameworks like Tableau, Looker etc.
- Interest in Healthcare.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.