Collage.com’s mission is to make custom products easy for everyone, by creating fantastic software and providing excellent customer service. Collage.com is a 100% employee-owned, profitable, bootstrapped company with about 50 employees that has rapidly grown from $4 to $38 million in annual revenue since 2013. We sell an expanding variety of photo and home products, including photo blankets, photo books, canvases, pillows, and more. Collage.com has appeared more than a dozen times on ABC’s “Good Morning America” and three times on “The View.” We’ve also appeared multiple times on the “TODAY Show,” along with mentions in BuzzFeed, Mashable, AARP: The Magazine, the Associated Press, and more. We are seeking ambitious, nice individuals to join us in our quest to bring great custom products to the world. Learn more about working at Collage.com.
We’re 100% remote
Collage.com is a 100% remote company, with employees working together in states across the country. Last year, our remote work culture was profiled in a case study by the Harvard Business School (we are the first all-remote company they profiled). The entire company meets together in person twice a year (all expenses paid) to get to know each other and work on strategy. Learn more in an op-ed our co-founder Kevin Borders wrote for MLive.com.
We are seeking a senior data scientist to lead us in making optimal, data-driven decisions throughout the company. You will work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to communicate findings, answer business questions, improve existing processes and innovate new solutions. You will bring a rigorous approach to validating assumptions, generating hypotheses, and the design, analysis, and iteration of experiments. Your will focus on driving and optimizing marketing strategies, but will also be flexible enough to support analytics needs across other areas in the company including product, e-commerce, and customer service as needed. The ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated and inquisitive, with strong analytical skills, extreme attention to detail and a passion for using data to drive business growth.
- Partner with marketing team to design and analyze experiments to optimize pricing, up-sells, ad copy, etc.
- Apply segmentation and modeling methodology to improve marketing campaigns, email lists, and provide insight into our user base.
- Collaborate on user experience funnel and attribution modeling to identify how users interact with our site through different marketing channels and improve retention and conversion.
- Design, develop, and maintain robust and scalable solutions, reports, dashboards, etc. that will support our internal stakeholders’ ongoing and ad-hoc needs.
- Work with internal stakeholders in various areas to correctly frame and answer high-level, open-ended business questions.
- Verify and validate the accuracy of data, documentation, processes, and conclusions.
- BA/BS, MA/MS and/or PhD in a relevant quantitative field or equivalent experience
- 8+ years relevant experience is preferred but we are open-minded and are more interested in the quality of experience than the years of experience
- Strong statistical knowledge and understanding of A/B test design and analysis
- Experience with causal inference methods and/or machine learning preferred
- Experience retrieving data from SQL databases (we use MySQL and Redshift), and manipulating and analyzing data using complex SQL queries or computing languages such as R or Python
- Advanced spreadsheet skills for manipulating, analyzing, and presenting data (eg. nested formulas and functions, pivot tables, formatting, parsing, etc.)
- Experience with Google Analytics and digital advertising tracking, measurement, and metrics
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent ability to visualize data and communicate conclusions to stakeholders of all levels
Benefits and Perks
- Collage.com pays 100% of the premium for full health, vision and dental insurance coverage for you and your family in a high-quality Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO plan.
- Flexible day-to-day schedule and generous vacation policy: work hard and take vacation when you need it.
- We’ll pay for any computer and home office equipment (within reason) that will help you work.
- We offer all full-time employees a Vanguard 401(k) retirement plan, with Collage.com matching employee contributions.
- Home Internet reimbursement.
- Paid travel to conferences and meetings.
- $3,000 / year in free Collage.com products, and employee discount for friends and family.