Collage.com’s mission is to make custom products easy for everyone, by creating fantastic software and providing excellent customer service. Collage.com is a 100% employee-owned, profitable, bootstrapped company with about 50 employees that has rapidly grown from $4 to $38 million in annual revenue since 2013. We sell an expanding variety of photo and home products, including photo blankets, photo books, canvases, pillows, and more. Collage.com has appeared more than a dozen times on ABC’s “Good Morning America” and three times on “The View.” We’ve also appeared multiple times on the “TODAY Show,” along with mentions in BuzzFeed, Mashable, AARP: The Magazine, the Associated Press, and more. We are seeking ambitious, nice individuals to join us in our quest to bring great custom products to the world. Learn more about working at Collage.com.
We’re 100% remote
Collage.com is a 100% remote company, with employees working together in states across the country. Last year, our remote work culture was profiled in a case study by the Harvard Business School (we are the first all-remote company they profiled). The entire company meets together in person twice a year (all expenses paid) to get to know each other and work on strategy. Learn more in an op-ed our co-founder Kevin Borders wrote for MLive.com.
At Collage.com, we believe in developing great product through a deep understanding of our users with a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods. As a newly created role, The UX researcher will drive this understanding by bridging the gap between product design, engineering and our users through the development of thorough validation processes. They will work alongside the product managers and designers to create strategic frameworks, typologies, personas and full research plans that guide product and design teams throughout the product life cycle and the ongoing mission to create a product that delights our customers and improves their lives.
- Develop infrastructure, processes, and tools for collecting and analyzing user feedback, and feeding that information into product planning.
- Conduct user interviews, usability studies, surveys, and competitor research in collaboration with product managers.
- Work collaboratively with our data analysis team on quantitative research studies, such as A/B tests.
- Deliver high quality user research reports to stakeholders.
- 5+ years experience in UX research preferred but we are open-minded and more interested in the quality of experience than in the years of experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop and institute UX research from the ground up ideally in an e-commerce company
- Experience creating and running user surveys and analyzing the results
- Track record of success in influencing product and design decisions using UX research
- BA/BS, MA/MS or PhD preferred
Benefits and Perks
- Working from home makes it easier to focus on results and develop professionally while spending less time commuting (See our opinion piece on perks and work-life balance at mlive.com.)
- 401(k) plan, home internet reimbursement, and $3,000 / year in free Collage.com products plus employee discount for friends and family
- Collage.com pays 100% of the premium for full health, vision and dental insurance coverage for you and your family in a high-quality Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO plan
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy (work hard and take time when you need it)
- We’ll pay for computer and home office equipment (within reason) that will help you work better