Are you excited to animate your mechanical designs? Do you dream of ways to achieve maximum capability with the simplest mechanical designs?
We are seeking an innovative Senior/Staff Mechanical Engineer to support the mechanical design of our novel cobot. This role is an exciting opportunity to join in the development as we start to scale to initial builds and production cobots. The opportunity will be equal parts high level and creative while still very technical and in the details of mechanical design. You will be collaborating side by side in system architecture, electrical engineering, industrial design, and supply chain. You will help to identify and source suppliers and components and partner with machine shops and build technicians to realize your design.
Collaborative Robotics is a team of innovators and builders redefining the future of human-robot interaction. We are working to realize a world where robots are a trusted extension of your surroundings. They work, adapt, and react around you. Not the other way around.
- Collaborate with our hardware, software, simulation, and controls/perception teams to ensure our cobot design meets all customer and engineering requirements.
- Work with component suppliers, machine shops, build technicians, as well as partner engineering functions to realize the design in physical systems.
This position is based onsite at our building in Santa Clara, CA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of full-time professional work experience.
- Proficiency in advanced Mechanical CAD (NX, Solidworks, CATIA, Creo, etc.), with expertise in finite element analysis, simulations, 2D drawings, and design for fabrication.
- 7+ years of mechanical design experience in robotics or similar projects of varying size and complexity.
- Hands-on experience with industrial 3D printers, mills, lathes, and laser cutters for prototyping implementation.
- Highly motivated teammate with excellent oral and written communication abilities.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, and dynamic start-up environment as an integral part of a small team.
Willingness to occasionally travel.
- 10+ years of professional work experience.
- Proficient in multiple forms of robotic mobility.
- Skilled in designing dynamic or actuated components for robots or industrial machines
- Demonstrated expertise in simulating dynamic/kinematic models alongside FEA analysis for structures.
- Collaborative experience with prototyping technicians and partners.
- Experience designing motion control systems with sensors, actuators and complex mechanisms.
- Strong background in designing systems for industrial settings.
- Knowledgeable in failure avoidance methods, including DFMEA/PFMEA and fault tree analysis.
- Familiarity with reliability and quality processes.
The annual base salary range for this role is 160,000-$200,000. See below for additional total compensation package information.
Collaborative Robotics is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Collaborative Robotics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
To all recruitment agencies: Collaborative Robotics does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees. Collaborative Robotics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Our full-time compensation package includes base salary plus equity and comprehensive benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and experience level. The range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position in the noted geographic area. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.