Coleman Research is a leading global expert network and primary research company serving investment management firms, management consultancies, hedge funds, mutual funds, and private equity firms with their due diligence processes. Our network of roughly 250,000 professionals provides expertise and insights on industries ranging from healthcare to technology to retail and beyond. We connect clients and experts via phone and in-person consultations, conference events, custom surveys and moderated roundtable events. Headquartered in the heart of New York City, with additional offices in Hong Kong, London, Raleigh and Los Angeles , our 200+ employees collaborate across the globe to meet our client needs.
Coleman Research is currently recruiting a Team Lead to join our Client Management team on the West Coast. As a Coleman Team Lead, you will be the primary point of contact for your assigned clients and will be principally responsible for the success and revenue growth of that book of business. In this role, you will interact with our global client base, both at the user and business contact levels, as well as manage a team of Client Associates.
We are open to remote candidates based in the Pacific Time Zone.
In this role, you will be responsible for two core aspects:
• Create and execute the commercial plan for assigned book of business, responsible for team P&L.
• Develop and document deep knowledge of client’s business strategy, people, holdings, investment approach and industry focus to maximize relationship
• Effectively solicit new projects and actively cross-sell Coleman’s full product suite
• Create detailed client maps of users and potential users to identify additional sales opportunities
• Determine areas of growth and opportunity and create associated strategies
• Recruit, manage and motivate a team of Client Associates
• Develop Client Associates’ ability to lead client engagement workflows, including: project intake, end-to-end project delivery, and project solicitation
• Manage team members to achieve specific performance metrics related to revenue generation, call production, and recruiting of new experts
• Develop senior team members to be prepared to take on Client Manager role in the future
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 3-5 years account management experience required, including managing a sizable book of business and acting as a client advocate
• Prior experience in Private Equity/Consulting/or Buy Side Asset Management strongly preferred
• Able to motivate, lead, empower and delegate to a team; prior people management experience preferred
• Communicates confidently with peers, management and across departments
• Demonstrates credibility and financial markets expertise
• Mastery of account management tools, LinkedIn and Microsoft PowerBI
Why Join Us?
We know that our employees are our most asset and they make Coleman a vibrant and innovative place to work. As such, we strive to ensure the happiness and health of our employees. At our global locations, we offer a variety of perks, including free and/or subsidized fitness centers, corporate sports leagues, stocked break rooms, team outings, and other office celebrations throughout the year. We also believe in giving back to our communities. In that spirit, we provide each employee up to 2 paid community service days per year and participate in other volunteer and fundraising activities that are meaningful to our employees. We have an interactive management team, and an open and collaborative work environment, whereby we value creativity of thought and listen to the voice of our employees. If you are self-motivated, driven,
and focused on achievement, there are no limits to your ability to succeed and grow with Coleman!
An Equal Opportunity Employer
All Coleman employees are required to sign the Company's standard non-compete
agreement as a condition of accepting employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.