Coleman Research is a leading global expert network and primary research company serving investment management firms, management consultancies, hedge funds, mutual funds, and private equity firms with their due diligence processes. Our network of roughly 250,000 professionals provides expertise and insights on industries ranging from healthcare to technology to retail and beyond. We connect clients and experts via phone and in-person consultations, conference events, custom surveys and moderated roundtable events. Headquartered in the heart of New York City, with additional offices in Los Angeles, Hong Kong, London and Raleigh, our 200+ employees collaborate across the globe to meet our client needs.
As a Coleman Strategic Relationship Manager you will be principally responsible for drawing on your new business development experience and skills to grow revenue and market share across a global book of business driving critical account growth. Your role will be responsible for fostering deep relationships with senior level external and internal stakeholders; seeking business development through current & prior end users; and identifying new customers. In this role, you will partner closely with the Client Operations Manager to ensure seamless communication with the client, a smooth transition of new wins through to operational fulfilment, and overall exceptional stakeholder management.
As a note, this is a remote position based in the US.
New Business (Expanding active user base):
• Map organizational charts of prospect organizations to identify new business leads, decision
makers and key relationship managers
• Initiate, develop and close new business development opportunities within a global book of
business through prospecting and lead generation to maximize revenue
• Conduct In-person and over the phone meetings with potential new users, decision makers and
key relationship managers
• Manage inbound leads to properly qualify prospects and actively engage in outreach
• Ability to think globally, while acting locally
Business Development (cross-selling & up-selling within existing user base):
• In conjunction with Client Operations Managers, create detailed client maps of current and
potential end users to identify additional sales opportunities
• Develop detailed business development plans for the Account(s) managed
• In-person and over the phone meetings with current and past users
• Provide relevant feedback & recommendations to appropriate business teams on prospects and
customer perceptions of Coleman, along with ongoing competitive intelligence and market trends
• Track all sales related activity through sales enablement tools/CRM
• Own the development of commercial proposals, propositions and quotes that initiate new,
extended or changed service delivery to customers
• Work with Marketing Department to plan and oversee marketing activities including;
development of new collateral, identification of target users, distribution of Coleman
• Ensure coordination with all geographies to ensure a unified approach to client management
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• 4-6 years of related sales experience
• Consecutive years of proven success record in NBD/Sales
• A self-starter with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced, quickly evolving environment
Why Join Us?
If you are self-motivated, driven, and focused on achievement, there are no limits to your ability to succeed and grow with Coleman!
We know that our employees are our most valuable asset and they make Coleman a vibrant and innovative place to work. As such, we strive to ensure the happiness and health of our employees. At our US locations, we offer a variety of perks, including a generous PTO package, free and/or subsidized fitness centers, corporate sports leagues, stocked break rooms, team outings, and other office celebrations throughout the year. Additionally, Coleman covers 90% of medical premiums, with medical coverage available on your first day of employment, along with your eligibility to enroll in our 401(K) plan with a company match!
We believe in fostering the personal and professional development of our employees, and strongly believe in our talents’ potential to develop into future leaders. We provide extensive orientation and training programs for each of our employees throughout their careers with Coleman, as well as educational assistance programs to encourage our people to stay curious and to continue learning.
We also believe in giving back to our communities. In that spirit, we provide each employee 2 paid community service days per year, and, as an organization, participate in other volunteer and fundraising activities that are meaningful to our employees.
We have an interactive management team, and an open and collaborative work environment, whereby we value creativity of thought and listen to the voice of our employees.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
All Coleman employees are required to sign the Company's standard non-compete agreement as a condition of accepting employment.