Coleman Research is a leading global expert network and primary research company serving investment management firms, management consultancies, hedge funds, mutual funds, and private equity firms with their due diligence processes. Our network of roughly 250,000 professionals provides expertise and insights on industries ranging from healthcare to technology to retail and beyond. We connect clients and experts via phone and in-person consultations, conference events, custom surveys and moderated roundtable events. Headquartered in the heart of New York City, with additional offices in Boston, Hong Kong, London, Raleigh, Los Angeles and San Francisco, our 200+ employees collaborate across the globe to meet our client needs.
Are you ready to take your finance & accounting career to the next level? Looking for a place to learn and grow? We’re looking for you to join Coleman’s Finance & Accounting team. This unique opportunity will offer experiences across corporate finance, accounting, financial planning & analysis (FP&A), process improvement, internal controls, and new capability implementations. The role can be up to 100% remote but still feel 100% connected to our growing team and company.
What will you do: be a strategic partner to the F&A team, across the wide spectrum of all things related to Finance & Accounting, including but not limited to:
- Supporting the FP&A responsibilities of the team across financial statement preparation and analysis, enabling the company to report its financial results and forecasts accurately and timely
- Supporting the accounting efforts to ensure monthly general ledger entries are accurate, supported, and reconciled
- Assisting in the implementation of new company priorities (e.g., migrating to a new Expert payments solution provider, financial modeling and pricing decisions)
- Generating and analyzing key company financial data and transforming into actionable information
- Supporting external stakeholder/client communication management (often times dealing with key customer contacts and Experts which are part of our global network)
- Deeply embedding oneself into the team processes, serving as primary and backup for key scope areas (e.g., Expert Payments, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Revenue, Financial Statement builds, etc.)
- Supporting the client and Expert lifecycles and related processes (e.g., contract assistance, validating correct economics and approving invoices, billing assistance, etc.)
- Supporting the company-wide budgeting and forecasting efforts, including financial control implementation across the organization to manage and control costs
- Supporting the team’s efforts regarding all external stakeholders not already described, including internal teams, external audit efforts, taxing authorities, and banking relationships
- Spotting areas of potential process improvement and being part of the solutions to drive new efficiencies
- First and foremost, the hands-on teamwork-driven roll up your sleeve’s attitude to be part of a high performing team on day 1 and contribute to the team’s successes
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Economics required, Master’s in business administration a plus
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) / Chartered Accountant (CA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or international equivalent (or in process of completion)
- Previous experience working in accounting, auditing, finance, with increasing responsibilities
- Strong expertise in financial analysis and forecasting, including experience with three statement financial modeling, preparing statistical reports and making recommendations based on analysis and research
- Strong knowledge of corporate finance and other accounting theory, principles and practices to include GAAP, SaaS accounting, Revenue Recognition, and benefits planning
- Ability to translate strategic high level direction/guidance into execution
- Desired technical skillsets and aptitudes:
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- General ledger experience (Microsoft Great Plains (GP) a plus)
- Project management
- PowerBI and other data visualization tools (i.e. Tableau)
Why Join Us?
If you are self-motivated, driven, and focused on achievement, there are no limits to your ability to succeed and grow with Coleman!
We know that our employees are our most valuable asset, and they make Coleman a vibrant and innovative place to work. As such, we strive to ensure the happiness and health of our employees. At our US locations, we offer a variety of perks, including a flexible PTO package, free and/or subsidized fitness centers, corporate sports leagues, stocked break rooms, team outings, and other office celebrations throughout the year. Additionally, Coleman covers 95% of medical premiums, with medical coverage available on your first day of employment, along with your eligibility to enroll in our 401(K) plan with a company match!
We believe in fostering the personal and professional development of our employees, and strongly believe in our talents’ potential to develop into future leaders. We provide extensive orientation and training programs for each of our employees throughout their careers with Coleman, as well as educational assistance programs to encourage our people to stay curious and to continue learning.
We also believe in giving back to our communities. In that spirit, we provide each employee 2 paid community service days per year, and, as an organization, participate in other volunteer and fundraising activities that are meaningful to our employees.
We have an interactive management team, and an open and collaborative work environment, whereby we value creativity of thought and listen to the voice of our employees.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
All Coleman employees are required to sign the Company's standard non-compete agreement as a condition of accepting employment.