Coleman Research is a leading global expert network and primary research company serving investment management firms, management consultancies, hedge funds, mutual funds, and private equity firms with their due diligence processes and other primary research needs. Our network of roughly 250,000 professionals provides expertise and insights on industries ranging from healthcare to technology to retail and beyond. We connect clients and experts via phone and in-person consultations, conference events, custom surveys and moderated roundtable events. Headquartered in the heart of New York City, with additional offices in London, Hong Kong, Boston, Raleigh, Los Angeles and San Francisco, our 200+ employees collaborate across the globe to meet our client needs.
Coleman Research is currently recruiting a Market Research Manager to join our Survey Team and help continue to grow our European (EMEA) survey research business from our London office.
The Coleman Survey team was formed in 2012 and is the fastest-growing area of the company. Ideal applicants will have expertise with quantitative market research methodologies, stellar client relationship management and project management skills, an entrepreneurial mindset, and an ability to remain nimble and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Knowledge of qualitative research techniques is also desirable. We are seeking a seasoned researcher who is capable of and interested in helping us grow our research practice and cater to our EMEA clientele.
It’s a great opportunity to further contribute to a thriving business area. Come excited to solve business problems, build relationships, and deliver high-quality research.
You will work closely with the Global Director to scope out, win and successfully deliver survey research projects end-to-end. Responsibilities of the Market Research Manager position may include:
• Acting as a subject matter expert on Coleman’s survey research services
• Participating in client calls and meetings with our sales team to identify new survey project opportunities
• Partnering with our sales team to develop a robust pipeline of EMEA survey research projects
• Fielding incoming research requests from EMEA clients and scoping out survey research projects
• Working with our sales team to recommend the best research approach in our quotes and proposals
• Managing existing book of EMEA projects and all related day-to-day research execution activities
• Assisting in building out and developing the EMEA survey team over time
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum of 8-10 years of quantitative primary market research experience
• Prior experience in a client-facing role and top-notch client relationship management skills
• Self-starter with the ability to operate independently with minimal supervision
• Knowledge of and/or experience with various research modes (i.e. online, CATI)
• Strong research methodologist – ability to understand clients’ needs and recommend the best approach
• Broad quantitative research experience (i.e., brand health studies, concept tests, customer experience, etc.)
• Stellar market research project management skills – agile research experience a plus
• Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Extremely organised, self-motivated, and able to prioritize diverse demands
• Experience with and desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Interest in working with/across a global team is required (prior experience doing so is a plus)
The following are strongly desired skills and experiences but are not required.
• A client-centric mindset and way of working
• Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Advanced working knowledge of SPSS
• Panel management experience a plus
• Experience with data quality reviews and data cleansing techniques
• Working knowledge of and/or experience with statistical techniques (i.e. data weighting)
• Experience with qualitative research studies (i.e. overseeing or conducting them)
• Experience with at least one online survey platform (i.e. Confirmit, Qualtrics, Decipher)
• Prior people management experience is a plus
Why Join Us?
If you are self-motivated, driven, and focused on achievement, there are no limits to your ability to succeed and grow with Coleman!
We know that our employees are our most valuable asset, and they make Coleman a vibrant and innovative place to work. As such, we strive to ensure the happiness and health of our employees. At our locations, we offer a variety of perks through our association with WeWork.
Additionally, Coleman offers a private health care scheme for employees (BUPA).
We believe in fostering the personal and professional development of our employees, and strongly believe in our talents’ potential to develop into future leaders. We provide training programs for each of our employees throughout their careers with Coleman, as well as educational assistance programs to encourage our people to stay curious and continue learning.
We also believe in giving back to our communities. In that spirit, we provide each employee 2 paid community service days per year, and, as an organisation, participate in other volunteer and fundraising activities that are meaningful to our employees.
We have an interactive management team, and an open and collaborative work environment, whereby we value creativity of thought and listen to the voice of our employees.
We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and members of staff are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, disability or age.