Coleman Research is a leading global expert network and primary research company serving investment management firms, management consultancies, hedge funds, mutual funds, and private equity firms with their due diligence processes. Our network of roughly 250,000 professionals provides expertise and insights on industries ranging from healthcare to technology to retail and beyond. We connect clients and experts via phone and in-person consultations, conference events, custom surveys and moderated roundtable events. Headquartered in the heart of New York City, with additional offices in Boston, Hong Kong, London, Raleigh and San Francisco, our 200+ employees collaborate across the globe to meet our client needs.
Coleman Research is currently recruiting an Associate Director to help oversee our global Survey Team.
The Coleman Survey team was formed in 2012 and is the fastest-growing area of the company. Ideal applicants will have deep expertise with quantitative market research methodologies, people management experience, an entrepreneurial mindset, and an ability to remain nimble and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Extensive knowledge of qualitative research techniques is also desirable. We are seeking a highly seasoned market researcher who is capable of and interested in helping us build out our survey research capabilities, enhance our current offering, guide team members on more complex research studies, and operationalize some research best practices.
It’s a great opportunity help build and develop a growing team and further contribute to a thriving business area. Come excited to solve problems, build relationships, and inspire others.
You will work closely with the Director to help lead a global team of 11 researchers and successfully deliver survey research projects end-to-end. Responsibilities of the Associate Director position may include:
- Conducting research needs assessment with our clients and translating their needs into research projects
- Working with our Sales Specialist to recommend the best research approach in our quotes and proposals
- Directing project workflow and all day-to-day research execution activities
- Managing more complex research studies to ensure successful delivery to the client
- Helping to build out our in-house research capabilities and service offerings
- Overseeing vendor partner relationships as well as recommending, vetting, and onboarding new partners
- Stepping in for the Head of the Survey team as needed, to maximize leadership coverage
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 10 years of quantitative market research experience
- Minimum of 3 years of people management experience
- Strong research methodologist – ability to understand clients’ needs and recommend the best approach
- Stellar market research project management skills – agile research experience a plus
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Extremely organized, self-motivated, and able to prioritize diverse demands
- Experience in and desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Must be a team player who is eager to manage, guide and mentor junior team members
The following are strongly desired skills and experiences but are not required.
- A client-centric mindset and way of working
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Advanced working knowledge of SPSS
- Panel management experience a plus
- Experience with data quality reviews and data cleansing techniques
- Experience conducting statistical techniques (i.e. data weighting)
- Experience with qualitative research studies (either overseeing or conducting them)
- Experience with at least one online survey platform (i.e. Confirmit, Qualtrics, Decipher)
- Experience managing junior market researchers
- Experience conducting international research studies
Why Join Us?
If you are self-motivated, driven, and focused on achievement, there are no limits to your ability to succeed and grow with Coleman!
We know that our employees are our most valuable asset, and they make Coleman a vibrant and innovative place to work. As such, we strive to ensure the happiness and health of our employees. At our US locations, we offer a variety of perks, including a generous PTO package, free and/or subsidized fitness centers, corporate sports leagues, stocked break rooms, team outings, and other office celebrations throughout the year. Additionally, Coleman covers 90% of medical premiums, with medical coverage available on your first day of employment, along with your eligibility to enroll in our 401(K) plan with a company match!
We believe in fostering the personal and professional development of our employees, and strongly believe in our talents’ potential to develop into future leaders. We provide extensive orientation and training programs for each of our employees throughout their careers with Coleman, as well as educational assistance programs to encourage our people to stay curious and to continue learning.
We also believe in giving back to our communities. In that spirit, we provide each employee 2 paid community service days per year, and, as an organization, participate in other volunteer and fundraising activities that are meaningful to our employees.
We have an interactive management team, and an open and collaborative work environment, whereby we value creativity of thought and listen to the voice of our employees.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All Coleman employees are required to sign the Company's standard non-compete agreement as a condition of accepting employment.