Who We Are at Cold Start
Cold Start is a venture building studio working to bring visionary ideas to reality. We provide companies with the resources and experience needed to solve today’s most complex challenges. Our portfolio has generated >1.4 bn in enterprise value in less than 24 months. We go beyond capital by combining the right resources, tools and talent at every stage of an incubation. We made it more likely than ever to create a successful new venture.
About The Role
Cold Start is looking for an experienced and energetic Executive Recruiting Researcher to join our team! As an Executive Recruiting Researcher, you will be responsible for developing a robust, multi-channel, search strategy. You will serve as the in-house expert of candidate identification and industry research . You will be responsible for sourcing A+ candidates that will enable Cold Start to continue to attract and acquire talent that will accelerate growth 10x across the studio and help Founders of the portfolio businesses acquire their first leadership teams.
What You’ll Do
- Become an expert on the studio model and the companies within the Cold Start portfolio
- Own and drive research and sourcing efforts to discover previously unmapped or overlooked executives
- Execute on search strategies, new pipeline development, and industry trends and insights
- Compile extensive and fluid market maps, target lists, and research materials
- Innovate to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our systems and processes
- Identify prospective candidates using a variety of channels including but not limited to LinkedIn Recruiter and Owler
- Manage and maintain all market maps, research materials, job descriptions, scorecards, and related documents
- Research trends in hiring to stay on top of best-in-class executive sourcing and hiring practices
- Drive research on multiple executive-level searches across a variety of industries and functions
- Innovate on ways to build strong leadership pipelines, evolve existing processes and playbooks to develop creative engagement strategies
- Conduct white-glove, confidential outreach and be the first point of contact between Cold Start and the candidate
- Build proactive relationships with passive candidates to engage them over the longer term
- Compose detailed candidate profile summaries for candidates
- 3-5 years of experience in research, sourcing, and/or executive recruiting
- Excellent understanding of recruitment processes in a growth company
- Experienced in target list creation, market mapping, and developing materials based off effective industry research
- Keen ability to identify talent, get up to speed quickly on projects, and proactively learn about industries/companies of relevance
- Agile and able to balance a high volume of searches simultaneously, while retaining top quality results
- Proficient in using applicant tracking systems (ATS) (Greenhouse, Thrive)
- Cultivates innovation. Has practiced and made decisions on using different candidates selection methods, implementing new ones as the company scales.
- Unrelenting drive and grit - a willingness to succeed at all costs, being cognizant of Cold Start’s team development & company values while holding an analytical/proactive mindset
- High level of integrity and strong sense of confidentiality
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills and grows from ambiguity
- Excellent time-management skills
- Build with Ambition: We work quickly to create the future faster.
- Lead with Integrity: We do what is right, and our principles come first.
- Innovate to Transform: We tackle the challenges of today to reimagine tomorrow.
- Collaborate through Community: We believe the boldest ideas can only be tackled together.
- Learn from Failure: We are resilient and believe opportunity comes from taking risks.
- Grow from Ambiguity: We embrace the unknown to create something from nothing.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
Cold Start is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applicants from every background and life experience.