Who We Are at Cold Start
Cold Start is a venture building studio working to bring visionary ideas to reality. We provide companies with the resources and experience needed to solve today’s most complex challenges. Our portfolio has generated >1.4 bn in enterprise value in less than 24 months. We go beyond capital by combining the right resources, tools and talent at every stage of an incubation. We made it more likely than ever to create a successful new venture.
- Build with Ambition: We work quickly to create the future faster.
- Lead with Integrity: We do what is right, and our principles come first.
- Innovate to Transform: We tackle the challenges of today to reimagine tomorrow.
- Collaborate through Community: We believe the boldest ideas can only be tackled together.
- Learn from Failure: We are resilient and believe opportunity comes from taking risks.
- Grow from Ambiguity: We embrace the unknown to create something from nothing.
About The Role
Cold Start is seeking technical and non-technical Founders to lead tech-enabled ventures rapidly scaling within our portfolio. As a Founder with Cold Start, you’ll have end-to-end oversight of your portfolio company: building product and operations roadmaps; setting go-to-market strategy, establishing marketing goals, and building/retaining teams to meet the expectations of both internal partners and external investors. You have access to Cold Start’s expansive team across product, engineering, design, analytics, marketing, legal, talent, finance, and more, to help build generation-defining companies. Ideal candidates thrive in ambiguity, are inquisitive, and are creative thinkers that have experience leading projects from ideation to revenue. Successful founders at Cold Start are leaders who have helped scale teams in hyper-growth environments at early-stage technology companies or are market experts through a role in PE/VC/Banking or management consulting.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee and lead all operations and products at the company; leading with a hands-on approach to building processes, roadmaps, goals, and expectations with internal teams, future external investors, and the parent Cold Start.
- Lead the go-to-market strategy to scale across multiple markets, working directly with Marketing, Finance, and Data teams to define the product roadmap.
- Direct responsibility for the success of the portfolio business; managing P&L and determining the most essential KPIs & goals while simultaneously building a team to execute on them.
- Partner with Cold Start and portfolio technical leadership to create a product and technical vision, ensuring an uncompromising focus on customer experience across digital channels.
- Drive future fundraising efforts - in close partnership with Cold Start - to support aggressive growth objectives.
- Hire, retain, and mentor a world-class team consisting of diverse yet complementary skill-sets; enhance employee performance via evaluation and coaching.
What You’ll Need
- Success as a cross-functional people manager of an operationally complex, high-growth environment with an ability to be hands-on while allocating resources correctly.
- Management experience; preferably early-stage growth companies in a highly regulated marketplace or consumer product space; healthcare marketplace experience is preferred, but not required.
- Unrelenting drive and grit - a willingness to succeed at all costs, being cognizant of Cold Start’s team development & company values while holding an analytical/proactive mindset
- Experience both designing and executing on strategies, helping to scale a product or services company’s operations, employees, customers, partners, market growth, and revenue.
- If a technical founder, reputation as a well-rounded project manager with exceptional go-to-market and product instincts; able to bring sales, marketing, customer experience, talent, product, and operations together under common objectives.
- High EQ and low ego; you carry an executive presence regardless of years of experience.
- Domain expertise is preferred but not necessary; whereas a scrappy, hands-on approach to all tasks is
- Impeccable integrity and high ethical standards.
- You’ve helped to recruit and retain world-class talent, while concomitantly developing a values-oriented, high-performance culture.
- Exceptional collaboration, communication, and leadership skills.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
Cold Start is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applicants from every background and life experience.