Director of Business Development
This is an exciting opportunity to help reshape a go to market motion. As the Director of Business Development, you will play a key role in developing, coordinating, and implementing plans designed to increase existing business and capture new opportunities.
In this role, you will establish, maintain, and plan the overall policies and goals for the business development team. Work with other departments to ensure alignment of company goals and objectives, and ensure growth strategies are met. Additionally, you’ll be involved in strategic account-based marketing and operations planning with top executives, setting objectives, and identifying methods to reach revenue goals.
What you’ll do:
- Build a world-class sales and business development team. Recruit, train, and develop a global team of BDRs, and BDR managers.
- Partnership with demand generation, creative, and product marketing, across all digital properties and channels, to support our pipeline goals
- Develop paths for career advancement within the BDR functions as well as to closing sales roles
- Partner with regional sales directors and field marketing to execute cross-functional account-based marketing in key accounts for our field sales team
- Work closely with marketing, sales, and customer success to ensure the BDR onboarding program and ongoing training is up-to-date and best-in-class Partner with sales and marketing operations to ensure the BDR team has the best tools to do their job, and that they are configured to ensure BDR efficiency and productivity, especially Salesforce, Outreach
- Analyze Outreach cadences with an eye towards continual improvement and up-to-date messaging, by buyer persona and by industry
- Ensure sales accepted opportunities are sourced in accordance with company targets, and that our Account Executives have enough opportunities to work with to be fully productive
- Ensure we efficiently qualify inbound demand
- Motivate BDRs to exceed goals through coaching and incentives
- Plan, forecast, and understand ramp adjusted capacity to ensure the team is grown effectively in tandem with the needs of our sales organization and the supply of inbound demand from marketing.
- Manage BDR rosters for tracking ramp adjusted capacity and productivity.
- Manage BDR reports and dashboards to ensure the results they deliver can be easily understood by stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Conduct strategic account reviews
- Identifying customer needs, deliver ongoing market analysis, market intelligence, and competition assessment, support, service, and managing account-related needs handling calls that require manager involvement
- Minimum of 5 years working as a BDR Leader.
- 3+ years of experience in B2B Tech
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce, Outreach, and other modern technologies to ensure BDR efforts are captured, optimized and easy to scale.
- You thrive on a team where business development is the lynchpin between marketing and sales
- An exceptional communicator who can write and edit messaging aligned with our brand voice
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- Strong Leadership skills and a desire to be a thought leader