This is a unique opportunity to join as one of the early employees in a well-funded, fast-growing startup backed by some of the top Silicon Valley VCs and luminaries. We are looking to hire key employees that like to join at an early stage that can have a significant impact on the formation and growth of the company, and also take on leadership roles as the company grows in this fast-paced market .
This role will find you being a critical bridge between the product marketing and sales teams and bringing key insights back into the company to help us scale to levels of growth. As a front line view of the customer engagement, what is resonating and what challenges customers are seeing us address, will be key elements to help us hone in on customer specific challenges that affect the company strategy and product roadmap.
You will develop innovative programs that drive demand. An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems. You are obsessed with tracking performance, and have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t. In addition, you will regularly collaborate with product team and sales channels; it’s a balancing act that requires strong diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
What you will do
- Demand Generation - Own the DG function from programs, tools, teams including the ISR function
- Develop a comprehensive Demand Generation plan with the head of marketing with defined metrics and goals
- GTM Strategy - work with sales and marketing heads to develop execution plans around the GTM based on defined use cases
- Field Marketing - Own all partner marketing activities
- Content and Social Media Marketing Programs - Develop content marketing amplification plans and promotion to various media elements
- Advertising - Own the demand generation centric strategy and execution of Ad elements for print as well as all social channels and digital media
- Sales enablement - Understand and support our sales team, training on effective communication examples, develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it
What will you bring
- 8+ years of demand generation, go to market with at least 5 years of experience in a start-up environment (e.g. Building the program and processes from scratch and scaling them as the company grows)
- Experience with various marketing automation tools with integration into the CRM toolset and reporting. Ideally you are someone who has initiated the marketing automation platform from scratch and understand the nuances of marketing to sales funnel creation.
- Have worked with Inside sales organizations helping drive the demand generation programs into the ISR teams. Ideally have experience either directly or in-directly managing the ISR team.
- Working closely with product marketing and sales teams to develop use case appropriate call scripts and other communication elements like email flows.
- While not a must, ability to help develop content, understanding and driving messaging efforts is an added plus. As content marketing is king in the demand generation world, support for content development efforts from blogs, to social media elements is highly valued .
- Comfortable using collaboration tools such as Slack, G Suite, etc - Power user of networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is or isn’t working.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player !
- Collaboration is key to the success of this role. The ability to work with channel partners, technology partner marketing teams and events coordination is something you have demonstrated success with and can lead these efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing; MBA Preferred.
- Early-stage stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K
- Flexible PTO
- A mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
- Mutual respect and inclusive culture with an emphasis on learning/teaching
- Weekly catered lunch, snacks, fruits, drinks, and monthly happy hour events
- Centrally located office in San Francisco near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and bike-share station