The Senior Sales Engineer is a hands-on, sales-focused technical solution engineering position focused on assisting customers with the technical side of the sales process. This individual will participate in Webex, phone, email, and in-person direct customer interactions to quickly assess customer needs, demonstrate innovative solutions, and support customer proof of concept/proof of value engagements, helping support to troubleshoot mission-critical issues, documenting product enhancements and defects discovered and communicating with the product management team. In addition, this individual will assist in identifying opportunities to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our customer success. This individual will strive to innovate and break the boundaries of traditional “sales engineer” to develop a leading model for customer success.
What You’ll Do:
· Discover and analyze individual customer goals and challenges and map those back into the Intelligent Integration Platform solutions
· Design innovative solutions to address challenges and build those solutions on the Intelligent Integration Platform. Present customized story-driven demonstrations aligned with key business value and solution differentiation.
· Present the Intelligent Integration Platform, including demonstrating deep familiarity with hardware, software, networking, and security stack
· Respond effectively to RFIs and RFPs
· Participate in training and certifications to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the role
· Attain quarterly and annual objectives that you will define collaboratively with your manager
· Travel as required
· Function effectively in a fast-paced high-energy market segment and successfully balance multiple projects in a team selling environment
· Become a trusted advisor for the prospect and help define their integration strategy
What We’re Looking For:
· 5+ years in pre-sales environment at a software vendor
· Ability to work as part of a team to solve business and technical problems in varied political environments
· Solid verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
· Proven time management & prioritization skills in a dynamic sales environment
· Experience in product applications, ability to understand and explain related technical issues, working knowledge of company products, all potential applications, and effective communication skills.
· Excellent hands-on relational database skills and cloud computing/web 2.0 technologies.
· Excellent skills in conducting POC’s and relating the technical value to business value in a pre-sales environment
· Strong experience with SaaS, cloud computing, web technologies
· In-depth understanding of APIs (Rest and SOAP)