Coin Metrics is a leading provider of cryptoasset data for institutions. We deliver transparent and actionable data and analytics to various industry stakeholders including asset managers, custodians, trading venues, research desks, and data/application providers. Coin Metrics’ data empowers its clients and the public to better understand, use and value open crypto networks.
Join a fast-paced startup pioneering novel metrics, data products, and intelligence solutions, which offer insights into the economics, markets, usage, health, and other aspects of public cryptocurrency blockchains like Bitcoin and Ethereum and other crypto networks.
You will be surrounded by talented people passionate about decentralized economies and the data behind them. Break new ground, create exciting new data-driven research and products, and help shape the future of finance.
Coin Metrics is recruiting an experienced Research Analyst to join our Labs team to produce research reports and case studies related to risk management in the context of cryptoassets.
- Provide comprehensive reports and case studies that improve the understanding of risk events, such as DeFi exploits and network attacks
- Collect supporting data that provides more context around what might have caused the risk event
- Contextualize how the data products being prototyped in Labs can be used in traditional financial risk management
- Model financial risk using a variety of data sources spanning market and network-level data.
YOUR EXPERTISE AND EXPERIENCE
- Interest in and understanding of cryptoassets and blockchain technology
- Strong data modeling skills with a focus on risk management
- Experience with data analysis and modeling data from traditional financial markets, cryptoassets, or DeFi protocols.
- Interest in Machine Learning techniques and some experience with ML models
- Ability to take initiative and meet deadlines under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Python
LIFE AT COIN METRICS
Coin Metrics is a fun and fast-paced team with employees located in 8 countries. We are united by our OPEN (Open, Pioneering, Elucidating, and Neutral) core values. Our employees are empowered to do what’s best for our products, customers, and team members. Other benefits of working at Coin Metrics include:
- Competitive salary, 401(k) retirement plan, bonus and options plans
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision
- Remote or hybrid work options with generous equipment reimbursement offering
- Paid time off
- Global company offsites
- Coin Metrics Labs where associates pursue their passions
OUR INTERVIEW PROCESS
- 30 minute video interview with Talent Sherpa (Recruiter)
- 3-4 video interviews with members of our team
- Case Study
Remote (HQ in Boston, MA)