Coin Metrics is a leading provider of cryptoasset data for institutions. We deliver transparent and actionable data and analytics to various industry stakeholders including asset managers, custodians, trading venues, research desks, and data/application providers. Coin Metrics’ data empowers its clients and the public to better understand, use and value open crypto networks.
Join a fast-paced startup pioneering novel metrics, data products, and intelligence solutions, which offer insights into the economics, markets, usage, health, and other aspects of public cryptocurrency blockchains like Bitcoin and Ethereum and other crypto networks.
You will be surrounded by talented people passionate about decentralized economies and the data behind them. Break new ground, create exciting new data-driven research and products, and help shape the future of finance.
Coin Metrics is recruiting a Cryptoasset Index Analyst. They will be responsible for the support/assisting of the day-to-day management of the Coin Metrics Bletchley Indexes (CMBI).
- Supporting the rebalance process for CM indexes and/or the associated implementation of any methodology changes, in accordance with the review schedule.
- Preparing report templates, with standard charts and data tables, for regular research publications
- Working with clients to understand their needs, escalating and prioritizing issues/questions, and reverting back in a timely and comprehensive fashion.
- Collecting data and preparing analyses in support of ad-hoc client requests
- Accurate monitoring of CM indexes and timely resolution of issues
- Investigating and resolving of any client queries in a timely manner
- Highlighting and recommending process improvements to your manager that will improve the levels of quality, productivity & client services.
- Participating in projects, research reports or initiatives as needed.
- Maintaining production quality on current products; while assisting in the onboarding of new indices, products and processes.
- Assist in research to gather competitive intelligence by compiling, organizing, and maintaining methodology reviews and other relevant datasets within the cryptoasset space.
YOUR EXPERTISE AND EXPERIENCE
- Interest in crypto and cryptoassets
- 3+ years’ experience in financial indexes and/or market data industry
- Knowledge of financial instruments and markets is a plus but not required provided the candidate demonstrates strong basic skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Experience in financial data modelling, statistics, and analysis
- Strong analytical mindset and research skillset (qualitative and quantitative) with the ability to analyze technical data
- Strong quantitative skills
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task effectively and independently within a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in English; additional languages are helpful but not required
- Undergraduate degree in quantitative discipline i.e. Mathematics, Finance, Sciences
LIFE AT COIN METRICS
Coin Metrics is a fun and fast-paced team with employees located in 8 countries. We are united by our OPEN (Open, Pioneering, Elucidating, and Neutral) core values. Our employees are empowered to do what’s best for our products, customers, and team members. Other benefits of working at Coin Metrics include:
- Competitive salary, 401(k) retirement plan, bonus and options plans
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision
- Remote or hybrid work options with generous equipment reimbursement offering
- Paid time off
- Global company offsites
- Coin Metrics Labs where associates pursue their passions
OUR INTERVIEW PROCESS
- 30 minute video interview with Talent Sherpa (Recruiter)
- 3-4 video interviews with members of our team
- Case Study [If applicable]
Greater Boston, MA (remote considered)