Coin Metrics is a leading provider of cryptoasset data for institutions. We deliver transparent and actionable data and analytics to various industry stakeholders including asset managers, custodians, trading venues, research desks, and data/application providers. Coin Metrics’ data empowers its clients and the public to better understand, use and value open crypto networks.
Join a fast-paced startup pioneering novel metrics, data products, and intelligence solutions, which offer insights into the economics, markets, usage, health, and other aspects of public cryptocurrency blockchains like Bitcoin and Ethereum and other crypto networks.
You will be surrounded by talented people passionate about decentralized economies and the data behind them. Break new ground, create exciting new data-driven research and products, and help shape the future of finance.
Coin Metrics is recruiting an Infrastructure Engineer to support its network data collection and node operations. They will help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure.
- Maintain blockchain nodes and monitor key areas such as network synchronization, connected peers, node configurations, and supporting infrastructure.
- Investigate issues and respond to incidents, network attacks, and synchronization problems.
- Evaluate the feasibility of alternative client implementations and produce performance benchmarks.
- Research key topics related to new node additions, including emerging blockchain data structures, consensus algorithms and network vulnerabilities.
- Planning cloud architecture on AWS, GCP and Bare-metal using Terraform and Ansible
- Planning and creating blockchain nodes infrastructure on Bare-metal using Ansible
- Designing CI/CD pipelines using Bash, Python and other languages
- Working with Ansible playbooks to create VM Infrastructure
- Monitoring infrastructure and blockchain nodes using Prometheus and Grafana
YOUR EXPERTISE AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience configuring, running and maintaining full nodes of various networks, preferably through container management toolkits such as Docker or Kubernetes.
- 5+ years of direct experience in infrastructure, DevOps or back-end engineering roles.
- Bonus points if you’ve managed at least one cloud infrastructure provider (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experience bootstrapping node operations for enterprise clients and/or applications.
- Experience with infrastructure as code software toolkits, such as Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Relevant work, or interest, in infosec. Specifically network theory fields, such as topology analysis.
- Experience with scaling and migrating systems in a changing environment that allows for little or no downtime
LIFE AT COIN METRICS
Coin Metrics is a fun and fast-paced team with employees located in 8 countries. We are united by our OPEN (Open, Pioneering, Elucidating, and Neutral) core values. Our employees are empowered to do what’s best for our products, customers, and team members. Other benefits of working at Coin Metrics include:
- Competitive salary, 401(k) retirement plan, bonus and options plans
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision
- Remote or hybrid work options with generous equipment reimbursement offering
- Paid time off
- Global company offsites
- Coin Metrics Labs where associates pursue their passions
OUR INTERVIEW PROCESS
- 30 minute video interview with Talent Sherpa (Recruiter)
- 3-4 video interviews with members of our team
- Case Study [If applicable]
Europe (remote considered)