Coin Metrics is a leading provider of cryptoasset data for institutions. We deliver transparent and actionable data and analytics to various industry stakeholders including asset managers, custodians, trading venues, research desks, and data/application providers. Coin Metrics’ data empowers its clients and the public to better understand, use and value open crypto networks.
Join a fast-paced startup pioneering novel metrics, data products, and intelligence solutions, which offer insights into the economics, markets, usage, health, and other aspects of public cryptocurrency blockchains like Bitcoin and Ethereum and other crypto networks.
You will be surrounded by talented people passionate about decentralized economies and the data behind them. Break new ground, create exciting new data-driven research and products, and help shape the future of finance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Research and Analysis of data systems and products to assess quality improvements needed.
- Designing and implementing data quality applications to validate accuracy, completeness, timeliness, and consistency of Coin Metrics end to end data pipeline.
- Designing and implementing scalable systems that validate and alert to guarantee high data quality across the growing data offering we provide.
- Automating the validation of the following types of data:
- Data gathered by our data collection efforts (raw data from full nodes and exchanges);
- Metrics/indexes/data produced by our data production projects (metrics calculated and aggregated from the raw data);
- Data delivered via our API;
- Data delivered via our visualization tools.
- Setting up and tuning alerts and/or reports to automatically detect any data anomalies.
- Investigating observed data issues.
- 4+ years of experience in a data science or back-end engineering role.
- Experience with building, maintaining, testing or analysing data pipelines and analytic systems.
- Solid understanding of how blockchains operate and their underlying data structures.
- Proficiency in a major programming language such as Kotlin/Java/Python Python.
- Proficiency in SQL (preferably PostgreSQL).
- Strong curiosity for decentralized networks and cryptoassets, and cryptoasset market data.
- Strong sense of ownership, entrepreneurial spirit, and/or startup-like experience, capable of driving towards solutions independently while seeking feedback when appropriate.
- Formal training in statistics, mathematics, or other data sciences.
- Experience with Docker, GitLab CI, Ansible, Grafana, Linux.
Note that the preferred qualifications are not required or expected. However, the more experience you have in one or more of these, the better.