Coin Metrics is a leading provider of cryptoasset data for institutions. We deliver transparent and actionable data and analytics to various industry stakeholders including asset managers, custodians, trading venues, research desks, and data/application providers. Coin Metrics’ data empowers its clients and the public to better understand, use and value open crypto networks.
Join a fast-paced startup pioneering novel metrics, data products, and intelligence solutions, which offer insights into the economics, markets, usage, health, and other aspects of public cryptocurrency blockchains like Bitcoin and Ethereum and other crypto networks.
You will be surrounded by talented people passionate about decentralized economies and the data behind them. Break new ground, create exciting new data-driven research and products, and help shape the future of finance.
Coin Metrics is recruiting a Data Scientist to support its market and network product research and development.
- Parsing, processing, or analyzing large financial data sets.
- Developing, backtesting, and refining calculation or algorithmic methods for aggregate/derivative metric creation or other processes related to new data product development or refinement of existing products.
- Maintaining documentation and code/scripts of calculation or algorithmic methods for metrics or processes to ensure scalability and permanence.
- Building data visualization tools or dashboards.
- Developing innovative statistical methodologies and data products.
- Writing or contributing to research publications, manuscripts, or documentation.
- Working collaboratively across key internal functions (Data Sciences, Product, Data Operations, and Data Services) to build and maintain scalable internal data science solutions.
- Working with external clients (such as financial institutions) or vendors (such as exchanges) to solve problems, acquire data, and improve relationships.
YOUR EXPERTISE AND EXPERIENCE
- Interest in crypto and crypto assets
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Finance, Mathematics, or related field, or relevant work experience
- Familiarity with financial terms and products and experience working with financial data
- 2+ years working experience in Python or R
- Experience building and working within complex data pipelines and visualization tools or packages
- Experience with Unix-based operating systems (especially Linux)
- Experience developing methods and programs to parse, process, analyze, and comprehend large data sets
- Strong sense of ownership, entrepreneurial spirit, and/or startup-like experience, capable of driving towards solutions independently while seeking feedback when appropriate
- Experience with FIX protocol, HTTP (REST), and WebSocket APIs
- 3+ years experience parsing, processing, analyzing, deriving or testing financial data in a data engineering, data scientist or quant role
- Extra bonus: knowledge of blockchain and related networks and their data structures
- Extra bonus: experience in applying machine learning or other automated techniques to solving data quality challenges
LIFE AT COIN METRICS
Coin Metrics is a fun and fast-paced team with employees located in 8 countries. We are united by our OPEN (Open, Pioneering, Elucidating, and Neutral) core values. Our employees are empowered to do what’s best for our products, customers, and team members. Other benefits of working at Coin Metrics include:
- Competitive salary, 401(k) retirement plan, bonus and options plans
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision
- Remote or hybrid work options with generous equipment reimbursement offering
- Paid time off
- Global company offsites
- Coin Metrics Labs where associates pursue their passions
OUR INTERVIEW PROCESS
- 30 minute video interview with Talent Sherpa (Recruiter)
- 3-4 video interviews with members of our team
- Case Study
Greater Boston, MA or New York City, NY (remote considered)