At Coinme, we're large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organization where every person matters. You are part of the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of where you sit in our organization. A human touch in a digital world.
Digital currency can transform the way we conduct business and brings new benefits to both the corporate world and to consumers globally. Coinme is on a mission to help people everywhere understand and use the power of digital currencies as a delightful medium-of-exchange, and be accessible anywhere in the world, so everyone has a fair chance for financial prosperity.
From analyst to engineers, from marketing to client services experts, we're hiring to support your growth and ours – Together We Rise.
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
The Infrastructure Engineering team works across the organization, architecting and building solutions that scale and secure the Coinme microservice platform. This role will help drive a culture of observability, and will touch all facets of the engineering pipeline, from development and deployment to core infrastructure and configuration.
Successful candidates will come from a technical background with hands-on experience in developing cloud systems at scale, and have a solid understanding of security controls in the digital currency space. They will also know how to design distributed systems and have experience building reliable and scalable infrastructure. They will collaborate with others to drive initiatives forward and balance technical risks against business risks to drive for the right results.
What You'll Be Working On:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve container and Kubernetes based infrastructure to empower applications running in Coinme’s cloud hosted environment
- Leading the gathering of functional requirements, developing technical speciﬁcations, and project & test planning
- Produce high quality infrastructure-as-code, with results-oriented mindset
- Provide guidance to other engineers on how they can best run distributed applications in containerized environments
- Deﬁne, implement, and automate the continuous deployment of highly available, production workloads with zero downtime, along with operational metrics for monitoring
- Build well-tested high-quality tools to improve developer productivity and developer experience
- Acting as the technical subject matter expert: Mentoring fellow engineers, demonstrating technical expertise, and leading a small team solving challenging programming and design problems
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience supporting cloud infrastructure operations in a large, complex, cloud-based environment
- Deep experience working with Kubernetes and with distributed systems
- Demonstrated understanding of SDLC, CI/CD pipelines, application observability, automation tools, and DevOps processes & philosophies
- Demonstrated success in building infrastructure in the public cloud and deploying through CI/CD pipelines, utilizing technologies such as: Istio, YAML, Python, Terraform, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with defining risks and analyzing systems for threats and security vulnerabilities
- Production experience scaling and managing distributed Linux systems
- Experience troubleshooting complex problems, working effectively across multiple teams
- A passion for excellent documentation, with strong oral and written communication skills
Not Required, But Nice to Have:
- Experience delivering solutions on the AWS cloud platform is a plus.
- 100% Coinme-paid health insurance options for employees and dependents
- 100% covered Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Generous time off
- 401k with up to 4% vested match
- Professional development reimbursement
- Stock Options
- Paid Volunteer Hours
- Diverse offering of supplemental insurances
- 100% Remote Optional