CoinList is where the world’s best crypto projects build their communities and early adopters can invest in and trade top-tier digital assets. Our mission is to accelerate the advancement of blockchain technology, by finding the best emerging blockchain projects and helping them succeed. CoinList has become the global leader in new token issuance, helping blue chip projects like Solana, Filecoin, Celo, Dapper Labs, and others raise over $1 billion and connect them with hundreds of thousands of new token holders. And we now support the full lifecycle of crypto investment, from token sales through token distribution, trading, and crypto-specific services such as staking and access to decentralized-finance opportunities. CoinList users trade and store Bitcoin, Ether, and many other popular crypto assets through CoinList.co, CoinList Pro (our full-service exchange), and mobile apps, while also getting exclusive access to the best new tokens before they list on other exchanges.
Unlike other centralized crypto finance platforms, we're not here to just build a bank or a brokerage. We're building the platform for people who are passionate about moving crypto forward, and we’re just getting started. Come join us and propel the future of crypto!
Contribute to a growing team that is focused on onboarding new users to a fast growing Cryptocurrency Exchange platform. As a Compliance Associate, KYC, you’ll ensure compliance with established policy by performing KYC (Know Your Customer) checks, and enhanced due diligence (EDD) where necessary. You will follow methodical processes; use analytical reasoning to make data-based judgement calls in nuanced scenarios; and use diplomacy to communicate with users via email.
You will show interest in, and quickly learn to take on an international perspective, the platform attracts users from around the globe.
You will be trusted to take the lead on initiatives to improve processes - working end-to-end to see projects through to implementation and adoptation. And have the opportunity to take on increased leadership responsibilities.
You may work closely with the other Compliance roles, Trust & Safety, and Support teams.
What you will do:
- KYC (“Know Your Customer”) reviews, and 'due diligence' reviews
- Communicate directly with users/customers via email to collect documents and information to make data-based decisions of account eligibility.
- Investigate red flags and be comfortable making determinations without concrete evidence.
- Adhere to specific guidance.
- Adapt to evolving requirements and changes.
- Note: Transaction monitoring is not a responsibility of this role.
Experience that may make you a good fit for this role:
- KYC (Know Your Customer) verification experience
- Success in roles with high-volume queues
- Prior experience within a Trust & Safety team
- Research role - that required logical thinking + psychology of human behavior
- Support roles that required you to be analytically minded to problem solve
- 1+ year of experience in a role managing a large caseload successfully
- Impeccable attention to detail, structured thinking
- Clear and concise writing and communication skills
- Comfortable navigating backend systems, and working with spreadsheets
- Strong organizational skills - to manage multiple client cases at once
- A proven ability to thrive in a startup environment
- Fluency with a second language (Nice-to-have)
As an early employee at CoinList, you will be a critical part of our core team and have a huge influence over the direction of the company. We will compensate you well, invest deeply in your development, and do everything we can to make sure this is the single best work experience of your life. At CoinList, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity, value our differences, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.