CoinList is where the best crypto projects in the world raise capital and grow their communities, and is now home to one of the fastest growing exchanges in the business. Through our token sale platform, we've helped projects like Filecoin, Blockstack, and Algorand raise over $900 million. We are backed by top-tier investors, have offices in SF and NY, and are just getting started.
As a Finance Middle Office Operations Lead at CoinList you’ll work cross-functionally across our compliance, legal, engineering, and operations teams to communicate client feedback, escalate product and fraud issues, and suggest improvements. You’ll be instrumental in communicating with our clients and ensuring a great client experience.
Our work is difficult and ambitious, which is what makes it fun.
Who you are:
- You have integrity. CoinList is a trusted partner for both the industry and our customers. We process and manage large amounts of money on a daily basis and we prioritize keeping our client’s interests at all times. Mistakes may happen but when they do you always take responsibility and work to find a solution. Integrity is core to our values and core to our success.
- You’re excited about cryptocurrency. CoinList’s mission is to help the best crypto companies succeed by serving as a trusted advisor in the space. We’re incredibly excited by the power of distributed ledger technology, and you should be too.
- You’re a proven operator. You have 3-5 years of middle office operations experience in a financial services or cryptocurrency company.
- You get stuff done. You’ll have (often ambiguous) responsibilities ranging from helping customers to speccing out product improvements. CoinList is a low ego environment and you shouldn’t be opposed to getting your hands dirty. You’re really excited about proposing and testing ideas based on issues and opportunities you see.
- You have immaculate attention to detail. Cryptocurrency moves fast and you’ll have to move fast as well, but we always ensure the accuracy of our work. You’ll check then re-check all transactions and reports.
- You’re analytical. You’re fascinated by data and enjoy structuring complex and ambiguous problems.
- You deal well with pressure. CoinList’s customers are looking to execute transactions quickly. There is a lot of money at stake at all times. You thrive under high pressure situations like this and enjoy keeping others calm, on task and on track.
What you will do
- Support the daily financial operations for our customers such as bank transfers, wire transfers and ACH processing. You’ll monitor cryptocurrency and fiat balances on execution venues.
- Manage partner relationships. CoinList works with best in class partners across banking, lending, staking, and crypto custody. You’ll interact with our partners to resolve issues, execute transactions, and build stronger relationships to help us scale our business.
- Design financial operation systems, policies, and procedures. CoinList operates a complex financial systems with many custody partners and execution venues, you’ll work with our operations and engineering teams to build processes and systems around managing liquidity across venues, reviewing customer transactions, and executing transactions.
- Ensure an outstanding customer experience. Crypto is complicated and always changing. No matter what the situation or problem, you’ll make sure every customer issue is resolved quickly and with care. You’ll identify wallet and treasury issues and work across teams to solve the problem.
- Partner with our support team to troubleshoot clients’ transaction issues. You will identify issues impacting our customers, then define and implement solutions in a timely manner.
- Help us stay compliant. Ensure we are meeting the needs of our clients, while upholding strict compliance requirements.
- Participate in key projects or other special tasks as assigned. Work with colleagues to automate and improve processes, utilizing technology solutions as appropriate.
- 3-5 years of experience in middle office operations for a financial services or crypto company strongly preferred.
- Attention to detail. Clear and concise writing. Structured thinking.
- Experience in a customer-facing role.
- Finance experience.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Background in cryptocurrency/blockchain technology a strong plus.
Candidates must have clear communication skills and experience working in unpredictable, ever-changing environments. Ideal candidates will have the intelligence and willingness to dig into regulatory compliance and a passion for blockchain technology.