CoinList, one of the fastest growing crypto financial platforms, is where the best crypto projects in the world build their communities. We support the full lifecycle of crypto projects, from token sales through token distribution, trading, lending, and crypto-specific services such as staking and access to decentralized-finance opportunities. We've helped projects like Filecoin, Blockstack, and Algorand get off the ground and helped crypto enthusiasts by facilitating more than $1.2 billion in crypto trades. We are the crypto platform for the smartest users in the crypto space. Our customer base includes validators, miners, founders, CEOs, crypto funds, and their principals. We are backed by top-tier investors with offices in SF and NY. We are just getting started.
CoinList and its affiliated entities continue to expand the scope of services offered to our clients, thereby adding complexity to our growing business. As the Chief Compliance Officer of CoinList’s parent company and its crypto exchange, you’ll report directly to senior management and work cross-functionally across our business and engineering teams to scale our compliance processes, enhance our internal controls, and manage the day-to-day compliance functions at CoinList. You’ll be at the frontline working with our talented team to ensure timely resolution of matters relating to KYC and AML reporting obligations. We work in a fast-paced environment on the cutting edge of financial services and are looking for someone who can step in and lead the build out of our compliance and risk management framework.
- Streamline compliance flows. You’ll work directly with other team leaders and project managers to further enhance our KYC program, drive processes around privacy compliance, and construct a framework that promotes efficient and effective compliance operations.
- Develop risk management processes. You’ll review, identify and evaluate compliance risks, establish additional internal controls to mitigate risks, refine and oversee risk monitoring and testing programs, and implement our incident response plan. You’ll also lead cross-functional compliance issue management and remediation.
- Manage regulatory reporting. With assistance from other team members, you will oversee processes to ensure timely regulatory reporting that is compliant with applicable federal regulations such as SARs and CTRs as well as the various state obligations under MTL regulations.
- Own compliance functions. You will provide comprehensive oversight and ownership of the entire company’s compliance program. You will develop,implement and further refine internal compliance procedures, infrastructure, and controls, including those related to AML, KYC, and fraud. You will provide training on the company’s compliance functions to new employees and company-wide on a regular periodic basis.
- Serve as Point of Contact. You will serve as the primary point of contact for regulatory exams, independent third-party audits, and other inquiries of a similar nature, with assistance from team members in providing responses and document production.
- Lead and scale alongside our business. Crypto is complicated and always changing. No matter what the situation or problem, you will ensure our compliance obligations are met. You’ll use critical thinking skills to quickly identify control issues, evaluate risk, and draw the appropriate conclusions including remediation actions.
Who you are:
- You are an expert in KYC and AML. You have at least 7 years directing KYC and AML compliance programs in a financial services firm and have a solid grasp of the BSA and other laws and regulations applicable to a regulated financial institution.
- You know financial services. As we look to expand into other financial service areas, we want you to grow with us. Our ideal CCO has worked in investment management or in securities brokerage house and understands the compliance aspects of both.
- You’re excited about cryptocurrency and understand the basics. CoinList’s mission is to help the best crypto companies and their communities succeed. We’re incredibly excited by the power of distributed ledger technology, and you should be too.
- You have integrity. CoinList is a trusted partner for both the industry and our customers. Mistakes may happen but when they do you always take responsibility and work to find a solution. Integrity is core to our values and core to our success.
- You thrive in a start-up. Start-ups are dynamic, which makes them fun. We move fast and often there is ambiguity in next steps. You understand how to maneuver in this environment because you have worked closely with a start-up or operationalized a compliance function at a prior firm.
- You find it fun to work in a challenging industry with an ambitious company. CoinList’s customers are looking to execute transactions quickly. You thrive under high pressure situations like ours and enjoy keeping others calm, on task, and on track.