CoinList is where the best crypto projects in the world raise capital and grow their communities, and is now one of the fastest growing crypto financial platforms. We support the full lifecycle of crypto investment, from token sales through token distribution, trading, lending, and crypto-specific services such as staking and access to decentralized-finance opportunities. Through our token sale platform, we've helped projects like Filecoin, Blockstack, and Algorand raise over $800 million and we have facilitated more than $1.2 billion in crypto trades. We are the crypto platform for the smartest investors in crypto. Our customer base includes validators, miners, founders, CEOs, crypto funds and their principals. We are backed by top-tier investors with offices in SF and NY. We are just getting started.
As a CoinList expands the scope of services offered to our clients, the complexity of our business and accounting continues to grow. As a Controller at CoinList you’ll work cross-functionally across our business teams and with our bookkeepers and auditors to scale our financial accounting processes, develop robust internal controls, and manage the day to day financial activity of CoinList. You’ll be at the frontline working with our talented team and to ensure timely settlement of transactions and reporting. We’re growing incredibly quickly and are looking for someone who can step up and help build out our financial operations and management.
Our work is difficult and ambitious, which is what makes it fun.
- Define financial operations. You’ll help define processes, systems, and metrics for financial operations with your exceptional accounting, communication, and analytical skills.
- Develop internal control systems. You’ll work directly with team leaders and project managers to develop financial controls, metrics, and systems. You’ll identify and evaluate business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement and implementation.
- Manage the daily financial operations. You’ll manage daily banking operations such as bank transfers, wire transfers and ACH processing. You’ll monitor cryptocurrency and fiat balances on execution venues and ensure timely and accurate reporting. You’ll work with our execution teams to track financial obligations and payments.
- Maintain data and financial integrity. Millions of dollars move through CoinList everyday, it will be your job to ensure all funds and transactions are accounted for. You’ll perform reconciliations of internal accounting systems and external venue balances. You’ll work directly with our COO and CEO, as well as, bookkeepers and auditors to ensure accurate and actionable financial reporting.
- Scale our business. Crypto is complicated and always changing. No matter what the situation or problem, you’ll need to ensure our financial reporting obligations are met. You’ll use critical thinking skills to quickly identify control deficiencies, evaluate their risk implications, and draw the appropriate conclusions including remediation actions.
- Advance our processes. CoinList operates several regulated business entities, you’ll work closely with team leaders to ensure accurate financials and support for regulatory reporting requirements. You’ll identify opportunities for improvement and guide the team on ideas for development.
- Be a leader. As an early part of our core team, you will take it upon yourself to identify opportunities for CoinList, get buy-in internally, and execute. CoinList is an incredibly entrepreneurial environment and we want people who will take advantage of this.
Who you are:
- You have integrity. CoinList is a trusted partner for both the industry and our customers. We process and manage large amounts of money on a daily basis and we prioritize keeping our client’s interests at all times. Mistakes may happen but when they do you always take responsibility and work to find a solution. Integrity is core to our values and core to our success.
- You are an expert in accounting and finance. You have a CPA and you know your way around a financial statement - front, back and center, and language. You fully understand the mechanisms of different types of financial transactions and can translate those to execution and reporting. Holding a Series 27 FINRA license is a big plus.
- You’re analytical and technically proficient. You’re fascinated by data and enjoy structuring complex and ambiguous problems. You’re a whiz at Excel and ERP tools and (ideally) have experience using SQL and business intelligence software.
- You’re excited about cryptocurrency and understand the basics. CoinList’s mission is to help the best crypto companies succeed by serving as a trusted advisor in the space. We’re incredibly excited by the power of distributed ledger technology, and you should be too.
- You’re a proven operator. You have 5+ years of finance or financial operations experience in a financial technology company, consulting firm, investment bank, or other high-performing company.
- You get stuff done. You’ll have (sometimes ambiguous) responsibilities. You are entrepreneurial and know how to solve problems on your own, but you also know when to ask for support. You are a proven executor. You make deadlines for yourself and you move fast. You focus on the things that matter and push back on things that don’t. People know they can count on you to get things done.
- You have immaculate attention to detail. Cryptocurrency moves fast and you’ll have to move fast as well, but we always ensure the accuracy of your work. You’ll check then re-check all transactions and reports.
- You deal well with pressure. CoinList’s customers are looking to execute transactions quickly. There is a lot of money at stake at all times. You thrive under high pressure situations like this and enjoy keeping others calm, on task and on track.