CoinList is where the best crypto projects in the world raise capital and grow their communities. Through our token sale platform, we've helped projects like Filecoin, Blockstack, and Algorand raise over $500 million. Through our community-building tools, we've helped projects like DFINITY, 0x, and Dapper Labs (makers of CryptoKitties) engage developers and crypto enthusiasts. We are backed by top-tier investors, have offices in SF and NY, and are just getting started.
A member of our Recruiting team is going on maternity leave, and we need someone to fill in between November 2019 and February 2020 (approximate dates). As a Recruiter at CoinList, you’ll work to attract and retain the best talent from around the world. You'll implement and improve upon processes for a rapidly growing company at the center of the blockchain industry. You’ll engage with candidates from across the spectrum of disciplines that make the blockchain ecosystem function: engineering, design, product, legal, compliance, finance. You’ll ensure every candidate has an excellent experience, hired or not. You’ll have the opportunity to receive training from an experienced recruiting leader, as well as the opportunity to work closely with the CEO, CTO, and founders of the company. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about being involved in all functions of recruiting.
This is the most important role in the company and there will never be a dull moment. If you are an exceptional recruiter who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and you’re eager for an opportunity to take on more responsibility, we’d love to hear from you.
Who you are
- You love recruiting. You thrive around other people. You leave meetups with more energy than when you arrived. Your greatest satisfaction comes from connecting people and building teams. You make people feel comfortable.
- You’ve done this before. You have a BA/BS degree and 1-3 years in full lifecycle recruiting (sourcing, pipeline development, screening, compensation, and closing). You understand the startup world and have successfully hired people across a wide range of industries and roles.
- You know your tools cold. You live inside your ATS and sourcing tools and you know every advanced feature of each. You have a strong opinion on the merits of Greenhouse vs. Lever.
- You are organized and meticulous. You love lists. You never let things slip through the cracks. You double-check everything, and people know they can count on you to get things done. Amidst the chaos of a startup environment, you’re able to chase things down and quickly drive the team to decisions on things, regardless of what else is going on.
- You are a clear communicator. You speak clearly and succinctly. You craft wonderful emails. You never end sentences in prepositions or misplace comma’s. You saw that the last sentence had an unnecessary apostrophe and it killed you inside.
- You are scrappy and entrepreneurial. You focus on the things that matter and push back on things that don’t. You can find any email address. You love coming up with crazy ideas for sourcing new candidates.
- You are curious about crypto. If you don’t already know about crypto, you’re excited to dive into it. You’ve never shied away from technology and you enjoy learning new things.
- You have good values. You enjoy hanging out with your teammates and making the workplace more fun for everyone. You care about doing the right thing. You are naturally positive and upbeat.
What you will do
- You’ll operate our recruiting, sourcing, and networking engines. From crafting great job descriptions, to screening candidates, scheduling interviews, handling candidate communication, conducting reference checks, and extending/closing offers, you’ll serve as the primary point of contact for candidates through the recruiting process. You’ll drive our sourcing and networking efforts for passive candidates, building and fostering great relationships along the way. You’ll help us successfully wrap up our fall on-campus recruiting season and help us launch internship recruiting.
- You’ll ensure things are moving quickly. We should never lose a great hire because we didn’t move quickly enough. Your job is to hold us to this -- working across teams to ensure that hiring managers make swift decisions, candidates hear from us within hours of their interviews, and we are constantly out-executing other companies.
- You’ll measure and optimize. How many candidates do we source each week, and how is this improving over time? Where in the process are we losing candidates? Which email subject lines are most effective? You will deeply understand each lever so our process gets better and better over time.
- You’ll make candidates feel welcome (and then help welcome them as employees). We want all candidates to leave with a great impression of CoinList -- especially those who do not receive offers from us. Your job is to ensure this happens by driving the communication, being the internal champion of the candidate experience, and ultimately partnering with hiring managers and HR/Ops to execute on an outstanding on-boarding experience.
- You’ll help shape the culture. The happier our employees are, the stronger our company is (and the less recruiting we will need to do). You will operate every day with this in mind and work our HR/Ops team to ensure that the people you hired are developing, growing, and are grateful each day that they chose to join CoinList.
- You’ll rapidly grow and develop. At CoinList, you’ll be working with smart, creative teammates who love to learn and to teach each other. From ramping up on crypto to brainstorming on new product ideas, you’ll find yourself stretching to new areas, immersed in feedback, and engrossed in deep conversations on a daily basis.
- You’ll help build a new industry. Crypto is a far bigger deal than most people realize, and at CoinList you will be at the forefront of it. There are all sorts of challenges you’ll be working though and new questions you’ll have to answer as you work to create this new industry. If you’re successful, you’ll build something the world has never before seen.
You will be a critical part of our core team. We will compensate you well, invest deeply in your development, and do everything we can to make sure this is the single best work experience of your life.