CoinList is where the top crypto projects in the world raise funds and build out their communities. Through our token sale platform, we've helped projects like Filecoin, Blockstack, and Origin raise over $450 million. Through our community building tools, we've helped projects like DFINITY and 0x engage developers and crypto enthusiasts. We are backed by top-tier investors, have offices in SF and NY, and are just getting started.
As a Product Designer at CoinList you’ll design and help launch products in markets that have never before existed, as you work to bring deeply technical crypto projects to mainstream consumers around the world.
If you are a hands-on executor who wants to dig into complicated problems and solve them with a team of engineers, PMs, and others, we’d love to hear from you.
Who you are
- You have a strong portfolio. Ideally, your portfolio demonstrates an ability to do sophisticated application and product design.
- You ship. You have a track record of launching successful projects. You appreciate the value of shipping and do what it takes to get your designs launched.
- You have experience designing products at scale. You know what it takes to understand your users, to segment them, to identify their needs, and to respond to those needs with scalable solutions.
- You can work outside of a traditional design role. You’re definitely a designer first, but you’re comfortable with taking on tasks like project management and some coding to get projects over the line. Entrepreneurial or small startup experience is a strong signal.
- You demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills. You can present and defend your design ideas and influence your non-design teammates.
- You have a growth mindset. The crypto world is constantly changing and requires at least some understanding of the relevant technical, legal, and stakeholder issues. You’re willing to be challenged, to fail and to learn. While having some crypto expertise is a plus, being a quick learner is more important.
- You bring people together to execute. Any project is an amalgamation of efforts. Designers are uniquely positioned to craft visions that bring teams into alignment. You understand this power and you use it wisely.
What you will do
- You’ll work as part of a cross-functional team -- where design, product, engineering, accounts, legal, and sales come together to iterate on existing products and invent new ones.
- You’ll talk with users -- identifying their core problems, empathizing with their needs, and translating these into perfectly designed solutions.
- You’ll take ownership of projects and manage multiple priorities against deadlines. If you see something that needs attention, you’ll take the initiative to make sure it gets addressed, regardless of whether it formally falls on your plate.
- You’ll work with other designers to develop a suite of products across CoinList. From pricing, to messaging, to in-product experiences, you’ll ensure that all of our offerings fit together seamlessly.
- You’ll drive a culture that deeply values design, quality, and craftsmanship. You will help your teammates understand that everything we do -- from using appropriate design practices, to creating a beautifully designed workspace, to having delightful 404 pages -- speaks to our brand and affects how users view us.
- You’ll be an end-to-end designer. You will fill whiteboards with ideas and wall upon wall with Post-its, thinking deeply about interactions, user flows, and how the product will organically grow. You will never be handed wireframes by a product manager and told to make them look pretty.
- You’ll prototype early and often. From paper prototypes, to animations, to basic coding in HTML and CSS, you will dive in and build. Prior knowledge is not important - just a comfort with technology and a willingness to learn new things.
- You’ll invent. From designing new forms of sharing to building for new hardware types, you will work on problems that no one has solved and interactions that have never before been possible. You will create the blueprint. Through this, you will bring entirely new experiences to the world.
As an early employee at CoinList you will be a critical part of our core team and have a huge influence over the direction of the company. We will compensate you well, invest deeply in your development, and do everything we can to make sure this is the single best work experience of your life.