CoinList is where the best crypto projects in the world raise capital and grow their communities. Through our token sale platform, we've helped projects like Filecoin, Blockstack, and Algorand raise over $500 million. Through our community-building tools, we've helped projects like DFINITY, 0x, and Dapper Labs (makers of CryptoKitties) engage developers and crypto enthusiasts. We are backed by top-tier investors, have offices in SF and NY, and are just getting started.
We’ve built our reputation on trust, compliance, and reliability, and security is key to that reputation. As the Lead Application Security Engineer at CoinList, you’ll be building security in a challenging space, on increasingly risky and exciting products, at a company that will deeply appreciate your work (not just pay attention when things go wrong).
If you are an entrepreneurial and hands-on security leader with exceptional talent, we’d love to hear from you.
Who you are
- You’re an engineer at heart. You're a skilled coder who likes to build things, and you probably spent most of your time as an engineer before shifting your focus towards security engineering.
- You’re comfortable with complexity. Delivering a simple experience to our users sometimes means managing large and intricate systems behind the scenes.
- You love security. You read about this stuff on nights and weekends. You hack in your spare time.
- You’re interested in crypto. Preferably you’ve built things in it. At a minimum, you have a desire to learn.
- You’re curious. You want to understand how things work. You value interesting things, especially outside your discipline. You like teaching others and constantly learning. You read and question things.
- You like to ship. You focus on the things that matter and push back on things that don’t. People know they can count on you to get things done.
- You’re scrappy and entrepreneurial. You’ve built apps for fun and worked on side projects before. If you haven’t already started your own company, you think you might like to in the future.
What you will do
- You will lead all aspects of our security operations. From our 2FA system, to our operational and regulatory needs, to complex systems unique to the crypto world (e.g., custody), security at CoinList is a serious matter. As the Lead Application Security Engineer, you will be in charge of defining every detail, building out the team, and making sure our entire system remains secure and compliant as we continue to scale.
- You will architect and audit. You’ll design systems from the ground up, and constantly push them. You’ll review code, infrastructure, and processes to spot weaknesses, and you’ll implement robust and pragmatic solutions to those that you find.
- You’ll be an owner. We believe in hiring smart people and giving them as much responsibility as they can handle. Whether it’s running a new project, talking with regulators to help inform policy decisions, or leading our negotiation with a new partner, we’ll make sure you are always pushing yourself to new levels.
- You’ll create the future. Crypto is a far bigger deal than most people realize, and at CoinList you will be be at the forefront of it. There are all sorts of technical challenges you’ll be working though and new questions you’ll have to answer, in partnership with founders for the leading crypto projects across the globe. If you’re successful, you’ll build something the world has never before seen.
As an early employee at CoinList you will be a critical part of our core team and have a huge influence over the direction of the company. We will compensate you well, invest deeply in your development, and do everything we can to make sure this is the single best work experience of your life.