CoinList is where the top crypto projects in the world raise capital and build out their communities. So far we have helped projects like Filecoin, Basis, and DFINITY raise over $400M and recruit tens of thousands of contributors. We are backed by top-tier investors, have offices in SF and NY, and are just getting started.
As Head of Security at CoinList you’ll find that your days are filled with all sorts of fascinating challenges -- from architecting novel solutions to crypto custody to building a high-performance and secure crypto exchange from the ground up. Our work is difficult and ambitious, which is what makes it fun.
If you are an entrepreneurial security leader with exceptional talent, we’d love to hear from you.
Who you are
- You’re experienced. You have a strong background in application, network, and operational security and have worked with sensitive data in high-risk environments. You monitor and model. You are deeply aware of the ins and outs of AWS. You know every web application vulnerability and attack vector.
- You’re a leader. You have previous security leadership experience and can interact effectively with a high-quality product engineering team.
- You’re comfortable with complexity. While you strive for simplicity, you’re able to work with large codebases. You know how to build the right controls to manage and monitor complex systems in a safe a predictable way.
- You love security. You read about this stuff on nights and weekends. You hack in your spare time.
- You’re interested in crypto. Preferably you’ve built things in it. At a minimum, you have a desire to learn.
- You’re high bandwidth. You have a BS, MS, or PhD in engineering from a top university. You get things quickly. You’re often the smartest person in the room and you like being around people who challenge you.
- You’re curious. You want to understand how things work. You value interesting things, especially outside your discipline. You like teaching others and constantly learning. You read and question things.
- You like to ship. You make deadlines for yourself and you move fast. You focus on the things that matter and push back on things that don’t. People know they can count on you to get things done.
- You’re scrappy and entrepreneurial. You’ve built apps for fun and worked on side projects before. You’re interested in all aspects of startups - from user testing, to marketing, to raising capital. If you haven’t already started your own company, you think you might like to in the future.
- You care about the product. You might not be a product expert, but you value good design. You enjoy thinking about why certain products work and discussing new apps. You want to build delightful products that users love and that make people’s lives more meaningful.
- You have good values. You enjoy hanging out with your teammates, make the workplace more fun for everyone, and care about doing the right thing.
- You are a 10x thinker, far more excited by huge disruptions than by small improvements. If something is hard, that makes it more fun, and you know that if anyone can figure it out, you can.
What you will do
- You will lead all aspects of our security operations. From our 2FA system, to our operational and regulatory needs, to complex systems unique to the crypto world (e.g., custody), security at CoinList is a serious matter. As Head of Security, you will be in charge of defining every detail, building out the team, and making sure our entire system remains secure and compliant as we continue to scale.
- You will architect and audit. You’ll design systems from the ground up, and constantly push them. You’ll review code, infrastructure, and processes to spot weaknesses, and you’ll implement robust and pragmatic solutions to those that you find.
- You’ll rapidly grow and improve. At CoinList you’ll be working with some of the smartest engineers you’ve ever met, who love to learn and teach each other. You’ll find yourself stretching to new areas, immersed in feedback, and engrossed in deep conversations on a daily basis.
- You’ll help shape the product strategy. Our whole team cares deeply about the product and has significant input into its development. You’ll beta test new exchange features and talk directly with traders, and your ideas will always be heard.
- You’ll learn about running a company. From fundraising, to recruiting, to negotiating an office lease, you’ll have exposure to all aspects of growing and running an early stage startup. Along the way, you’ll get connected with mentors and advisors who can help you with your career for years to come.
- You’ll be an owner. We believe in hiring smart people and giving them as much responsibility as they can handle. Whether it’s running a new project, talking with regulators to help inform policy decisions, or leading our negotiation with a new custody partner, we’ll make sure you are always pushing yourself to new levels.
- You’ll create the future. Crypto is a far bigger deal than most people realize, and at CoinList you will be be at the forefront of it. There are all sorts of technical challenges you’ll be working though and new questions you’ll have to answer, in partnership with founders for the leading crypto projects across the globe. If you’re successful, you’ll build something the world has never before seen.
As an early employee at CoinList you will be a critical part of our core team and have a huge influence over the direction of the company. We will compensate you well, invest deeply in your development, and do everything we can to make sure this is the single best work experience of your life.