CoinDesk is an integrated media platform for the next generation of investing, exploring how cryptocurrencies and digital assets are contributing to the evolution of the global financial system and the future of money. Our vision is to inform, educate, and connect communities through news, data, events and research.
CoinDesk is a quickly growing company with incredible ambition. Our global presence has grown exponentially through top quality journalism and events, creating a community for millions of users. We’d love for you to join us if you’re willing to take on new challenges and immerse yourself in a world of creative, forward-thinking individuals.
CoinDesk is looking for reporters to join its Global Policy & Regulation team. Applicants should be ambitious and ready to immerse themselves in the leading publication covering how governments and regulators are approaching the cryptocurrency and blockchain sector.
Reporters will be tasked with keeping CoinDesk readers up to speed on important advances in cryptocurrency/blockchain/financial technology policy in Asia and significant Asian markets, which might include but are not limited to Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia. They may also be asked to file stories on breaking news events that occur during their time zone, in coordination with CoinDesk’s EU editor and local reporters, as well as CoinDesk’s India and APAC regulatory reporters.
- Write longer, big-picture articles that give readers insights into trends, people, governments and companies operating in the Southeast Asian region in this industry.
- Pitch and report original stories
- Write short-form articles informing our audience about breaking news events in significant markets in Asia.
- Come up with original ideas for both ongoing coverage and other initiatives
- Provide local expertise on issues for multimedia products
- Develop a regional source base
- Assist with other editorial projects (i.e. podcasts, videos, newsletters and events) as needed
- Coordinate between the U.S. and Asia teams
- Writing talent through proven work
- Strong interest in blockchain and cryptocurrency, as well as crypto-adjacent topics like privacy and financial regulation
- A solid network in the industry
- Familiarity with online Content Management Systems
- Social media fluency
- Excited by challenges and easily adapt to changing circumstances
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Outstanding work ethic
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, doesn’t need to wait for instructions
- Fluency in at least one non-English, local language preferred
- Editing experience a bonus
In an effort to attract, retain, develop and promote the most qualified individuals, CoinDesk is committed to treating all applicants and employees in a nondiscriminatory manner with respect to the terms and conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status/service, physical or mental disability, or any other classification protected by applicable law. This mandate governs all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, promotion, training, education, social and recreation programs, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits.
For more information on our DEI initiatives, please visit: https://www.coindesk.com/dei/.
CoinDesk is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request.
COVID-19 vaccination is required for all employees whose position is based out of the NYC office. However, CoinDesk will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis.